Friday, August 3, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 267 ~ Countryside

Good Evening Friends!

It's time for the Saturday Sketch challenge from your stamping 411 operators.  I purchased this stamp set, Countryside (page 85 in the book) because of the newest member of the 411 team Vicki Burdick.  She ALWAYS rocks cards with this stamp set and made me fall in love with it!

So here's some measurements to get started.

Base: early espresso 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4" more mustard
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" raspberry ripple, embossed with the argyle embossing folder ~ main catalog page 189
Layer 3a: (skipped one!) is the Orchard Harvest Designer series paper from the mini with the apples pattern, cut to 1 1/2" x 5".  Then I used the square punch to make the flag.
Layer 4: is the apothicary accents largest framelit in the set.
Layer 5: is the CUTEST new punch in the mini the 1 1/4" circle punch behind the button.
Layer 6:  Raspberry Ripple Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit for the big shot.
Layer 7:  Very Vanilla heart punched element to spotlight the apples in the truck.

I love fall time and I typically love cool colors.  I love how stampin' up blended the warm and cool colors together in this new designer paper! The colors just make me so happy!  I just used a blender pen and ink pads to gently color the spotlighted area.  Many times when you see something that's spotlighted, the color is "completely" colored.  I thought this one looked better subtle.  What do you think?

The gorgeous new buttons in the mini finished this off, and I just tied some seam binding through the button to make a bow.

Easy to put together and I just played with the sketch!  Do you want to play along with the sketch this week?  It's easy!  Check out what my friends did with this sketch challenge and make your own card!  I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.  :)

4 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Bold colours but just so delicious! That little punch is a cutie! Hugs xxx

KatheD said...

Your subtle spotlighting is totally cool, Selene, I ♥love♥ it!

inkypinkies said...

Show Stopper alert!!! That is fantastic! I love that truck so much, but still don't own it. Love what you did with the heart and the colors. The apple DSP is just perfect for that stamp, too. Very inspiring! Erika

Tammy said...

I love the spotlighting!! I am soooooo CASE'ing this idea!! You're so talented!