Friday, August 17, 2012

8/17 Stampin' Up More Toxic Treats and Scaringbone, Stamping 411

Good Evening Friends!

I have been loving the Toxic Treats stamp set this week.  It's funny, because I dont usually "DO" Halloween. Even when I have done halloween in the past, I always stuck to pumpkins and happy things.

I'm not feeling any different, but I do LOVE this spooky stamp set and paired up with glimmer paper and the new Scaringbone and Houndsooth DSP from Stampin' Up!  It's floating my boat {so to speak}.

When I saw the sketch by operator Gretchen Barron this week, I thought instantly, that the two tipped panels looked like a spooky graveyard.  Plus, it gave me the chance to play with some of the other images in this set.  :)  Both of these images match perfectly with the Decorative label punch.

I have to say the photo isn't doing this one justice.  It's super sparkly and fun in person.  I used the same technique with the paintbrush from yesterday to color behind my coffin on the right.  Then I {fussy cut} the image by hand and added another pop of white behind with the punch.  I used the new gold pen from the mini to add some outline to both coffins and colored the inside of my words on the left panel with the same pen.  Can I just say, these new silver and gold pens ROCK!  The old ones were the type that you had to push down to get them started, then you could end up with a puddle of ink on your project.  These are like markers.  they have  felt tip and will be fabulous for all my projects for the upcoming holiday season.

I cut an inside for this as well and wrote with my gold pen on the dark paper to my friend (whom I already mailed this card to). I like to make two inserts for a card.  One that will fall out that I write on, so that when my friend gets the card, she can reuse it!  I include an envelope, and address some computer paper to show through the back.  Then, I mail it in the clear envelope with the stamp on the OUTSIDE of the package.  That way the post office can cancel the stamp.  It costs about 20 cents extra postage to send it that way, but how FUN to get a card that you can reuse, that you can see through the envelope!?!

I will also say, although I did use a LOT of glimmer paper for one whole layer on the card front, I punched out some shapes out of the glimmer paper, so I wouldn't waste one inch of it!  I LOVE that paper!! So how about some measurements?

Base 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: Glimmer paper 5 1/4" x 4"
Layer 3: Black card stock, 5 x 3 3/4", embossed with the Argyle Embossing Folder
Layer 4: 1/4" strip of the glimmer paper 5" long
Layer 5: scaringbone DSP, 1' x 5"
Layer 6: Two punched out shapes using the decorative label punch.
Layer 7: 1/2 Striped Satin Ribbon (cant you see the witches stockings)  I love this stuff!! :)

That's it for tonight.  please check out what my girlfriends are up to, and maybe play along with tonight's sketch challenge from Stamping 411.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene~

3 comments:

Tammy said...

This card is awesome!! Love the glimmer paper!! You rock!!!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

So cute! The ribbon looks amazing!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

On a roll! More spooky delights! Hgs xxx