Thursday, August 2, 2012

8/2 Stampin' Up! Curly Cute, Clean and Simple

Good Morning Friends!

There is something about an all white card, that just makes me happy! 

Just add a pop of color and you're ready to go!  So for both of these cards I used the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder and embossed the second layer of my card, which measured 4 x 5 1/4". 

The base is a regular piece of 8 1/2" x 11" whisper white card stock scored at 4 1/4", then cut the long way at 5 1/2"  I score first and get two card bases from one sheet of paper.  :)  For this one I punched some Floral district DSP out with the Elegant Butterfly punch and then I punched another layer in whisper white.  I stuck those two layers together with a 2-way glue pen, then used the same glue to add dazzling diamonds to the top of my butterfly. Then, I added a GORGEOUS Vintage Faceted Designer Button.  See the tiny stitch in the center of the button!  Well, I just cut an ultra thin piece of paper with my table top paper cutter.  It can even just come from the scraps that I'm cutting.  I cut my thin strips first, then finish cutting up the other layers of my card.  That way I have enough of the paper to hold on to.  


Finally, just a glue dot to attach my butterfly so that the wings can still fly.  (so important!) 

Both cards have the thank you from the Curly Cute stamp set.  I just love the font of this stamp set, and it's so useful for so many occasions.  Here's a peek at the full set.


So very sweet! 

So, for this second card, I used all the same elements but instead of the butterfly I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set and Blossom Punch.  I also used a 1" circle punch for the center flower and some dazzling details in clear for the center of the flower. 

That's all for today!  Take a look what you have in your stash and see if you can make a few of these super clean and simple cards today!  They are WONDERFUL to have on hand.



Rubbah hugs!


Selene Kempton
Customer Loyalty Rewards Program!

2 comments:

Karren said...

Gorgeous card. Love all that white space!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

These are happy cards! Elegant but sweet! Hugs xxx