Friday, August 10, 2012

8/10 Stampin' Up! Baby Prints & Friendly Phrases Saturday Sketch Challenge

Good Evening Friends! 

It's time for the stamping 411 Saturday Sketch challenge!  This week I needed a baby card for my friend Brenda!  I went to take pictures of her most GORGEOUS daughter Sarah Kathryn and I got to go see them while they were still in the hospital! 

Let me first say this card is SUPER sparkly in person and the feet are completely shimmery.  I just added a dollop of glue from a 2-way glue pen and sprinkled some dazzling diamonds glitter over the top for a wicked cool set of baby feet. 

Getting started on this card, I stamped the baby feet from the Baby Print's stamp set in Pink Pirouette ink.  I layered the congratulations on in wisteria wonder.  That congratulations comes from Stampin' Up!'s "Friendly Phrases" Stamp set.   Sometimes, layering ink, is just like adding a layer of card stock.   It adds dimension to a card without more bulk.  I strayed from the sketch a little to add my bow.  It seemed like the only place it would fit!  I made a faux bow, by looping a bunch of ribbon then tying it up with some seam binding and a gorgeous crystal button.  These are so super sparkly in person!

So How about some measurements?
Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2" pink pirouette
Layer 2: wiseria wonder, 5 x 3 3/4"
Layer 3: pink pirouette, 4 7/8 x 3 5/8"
Layer 4: Wisteria Wonder 3 5/8 x 2 1/2", cut with the Finishing touches edgelet on the top to make that gorgeous edge.
Layer 5: Pink Pirouette, 4 5/8" x 2", embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder
Layer 6: is the stamped image cut with the new framlit dies from the mini, Window Frames collection, page 30 of the holiday catalog.  With this layer I also paper pierced it and I have a few things to share about that.

I just LOVE the new paper piercing Packs and I strongly suggest if you purchase the guide templates that you get the new piercing tool to go with it.  These are super cool because they are only so big.  You can only push through your paper and template to a certain level and it stops in the template.  So your paper piecing looks even ever time.  Gone is the day when you have one hole bigger than the other if you're not talented enough to pierce the same way every time.  I hope that makes sense.  It's an awesome product tip. 

Finally, to attach my massive bow for one sweet little baby i used 4 glue dots and a blob of liquid glue.  The liquid glue is in the middle and will secure it for the long hall. the 4 glue dots (on different parts of the back of my superbow) will just tack it on the card. 

Have a wonderful weekend!  Hopefully, by the time you're reading this I'll be nestled snugly into my camper with my family for the night!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So sweet, Selene! I can imagine the sparkle! Congrats to your friend! Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

This is really a cute baby girl card. Love the colors.