Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/28 Stampin' Up! 2 for 1 post! Ghoolish Goolies Kit, Other Uses

 Good Afternoon Friends!

Today I'm showing a few follow up projects from my presentation at the Providence RI Stampin' Up Regional Seminar.  I have been without an internet connection and I'm sitting in a restaurant writing this post!  So today I'm going to share two projects that are both made with the goolish goolies kit that is intended for Halloween. 

So ~ let's say you're like me and you buy way too many kits, OR you purchase a kit and find it on November 1st, the day after Halloween passes.  Yes, I'm good for purchasing Christmas gifts and finding them the following July.  There are still so many cool uses for this kit!

In this example I embossed the bottom of the bag and used the direct to paper technique to smoosh the ink onto the bag.  I also stamped the truck from the "i dig you stamp set"??  I'm going by memory here, so I hope I'm correct!  LOL  Anyway, I took the back of one of the tags and punched it out with a heart punch.  then stamped the I dig you and added some glimmer paper (of course)  I think i just need to add this to every project from here on out, what do you think?  :)

So here is the kit. You get so much in this kit.

  • 20 printed double sided tags 10 of each in two designs
  • 10 galssine bags with die-cut edges: each 3x5" x 1 1/2"
  • 50 adhesive-backed googly eyes (ea. 5 mm)
  • 10 pieces Pumpkin Pie/Whisper White Baker's Twine, ea. 8" (color exclusive to this kit). 

Colors are Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White.
I forgot to take a picture of the other project I did with this kit.  It was a really cute christmas card.  I used a christmas tree framelit and cut a tree out of the black and green pattern.

Finally, here's another idea.  You can quickly turn these bags into treats for Christmas.  In both of these examples I cut a piece of paper to insert into the  back of the bag just a little smaller than the inside of the bag, measuring about 4 3/4" x 2 7/8".

So, please say a little prayer I get my internet back soon and I'll keep the projects coming.  I have a bunch of things to share, including a cute coffin box made from the petal cone die.  Happy First day back to school!

Rubbah hugs,

Selene Kempton
Customer Rewards
Join my team