Saturday, August 4, 2012

8/4 Stampin' Up! Evergreen & Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle

Good Morning Friends!

I'm off today to a mom and me workshop for my good friend Diane.  She was nervous about what to do for the kids for snacks and I have to admit she had me stumped!  I called her back about an hour later. I had the best idea!!  We're going to serve FRESH Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, crust cut off, and milk!  Now there's the best snack lineup for a workshop I've ever heard of! :)

For today's card I'll be sharing one of my convention swaps from the stamp set Evergreen.  This card is  cased by a girl who is on my team Anne Marie Call.

I made some minor adjustments for the case and my card shown here, but the elements are the same.


Supply List:
Stamps: Evergreen 127970W / 127973C, Petite Pairs
Ink: Bashful Blue Ink Pad, Versmark ink (for the embossing)
Paper: Bashful Blue and Whisper White Cardstock
Accessories: White embossing powder, heat tool, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon White, Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle , Dimensionals, glue dots, and liquid glue.


Measurements 
Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4", bashful blue
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4", whisper white embossed with the polka dot embossing folder.
Layer 3: Bashful blue 4 1/4" x 3

I LOVE that the clean and simple design of this card makes it so darn elegant!!


Step by steps:
  1. I embossed the tree from the new mini catalog set Evergreen with white embossing powder and our FABULOUS new heat tool.  It has two settings.  Setting one is for just ink, and setting two is for embossing.  The new guns are so quiet I could do embossing out in the studio while my family sleeps (as I often do)
  2. I freehand drew the star with dazzling details silver glitter glue.  So, before you think you could never to it, look at the star.  I made a sideways K then added the top.  It's really easy to do.  At $2.50 a bottle I may be putting this on ALL my Christmas projects this year! :)
  3. I added the ornaments with the same fun glitter and set it aside to dry.
  4. While that was drying I embossed my whisper white layer and cut and scored my card bases.
  5.  I tied some bow's and glue dotted them to the front of my card and around the back on both sides.  
  6. Up on dimensionals the third layer went, and I stuck them together. 
This was a beautiful design to swap at convention.  Thanks Ann Marie for the inspiration.

Here is Ann's original card.  Wicked cute, yes? 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Rubbah hugs,
 
Selene Kempton
Customer Loyalty Rewards Program!

1 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Two stamp sets definitely on my wish list NOW! I just hope we get them in our catty! Stunning, Selene! (and the card is too! GRIN) hugs xxx