Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8/1 Stampin' Up! Papillon Potpourri

Good Afternoon!

I get the mom of the year award today.  I got up and sleepily got my peanut's lunch and things together for her 3rd day in dance camp.  Well, I carefully heated a special lunch of veggies with butternut squash ravioli in a special sauce, packed up her bag (and her) and ran out the door without the thermos.

I did bring it when she called me, but boy do I feel silly!!

It's club week here in the studio, so some my customers were here until about 10pm, then I CAN'T seem to sleep when everyone goes right away.  I am so happy to see everyone, I need time to unwind.  I guess it makes sense that I'm tired the next day!

Here's a card I designed on Monday using my friend Mary Jo's sketch challenge.  I love this week's sketch!  To make the designer paper panels, all I did was take a 1 3/4" circle punch and punch out three circles of Floral District Designer Series paper; then cut them in half.  I was going to use this card with my clubs this week, but had to change the design a little because I didn't have enough DSP to make all the circles for 40 packets.

My center whisper white panel measures 2 1/4" x 4 1/4", and it was embossed with the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder.  I cut a strip of razzleberry cardstock to 4 1/4", then used the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border punch to punch a strip.  I cut that strip down the middle with paper snips and used a two way glue pen to glue the edges on. 

Next, I used stazon ink to stamp my butterfly from Papillon Potpourri on three different colors of cardstock, then punched them out!  I added them to my card with glue dots (so they can still fly) and added some clear dazzling details to the top.


Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy!  Did I just say that?  :)

Measurements
Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8", rich razzleberry
Layer 3: 5 x 3 3/4", whisper white
Layer 4: a strip of daffodil seam binding
Layer 5: 3 punched 1 3/4" circles
Layer 6: whisper white 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Layer 7: 4 1/4" strip from the dotted scallop ribbon border punch

I've started linking to the specific items I use on my projects in my store to make it easy for you, my clients, to shop.  I've already heard from some of you that you're happy to this little addition!  As always if I can do anything to help you with anything you have purchased, I'm here to serve! I am very grateful to everyone who helps me continue to share what I love and help support my family with Stampin' Up as my full time job as well.

I am so grateful to you all. 

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillon Potpourri W123757 / C123759
Ink: Stazon Black
Paper: Daffodil, razzleberry, whisper white and Lucky Limeade Cardstock.  Floral district DSP
Accessories: Scalloped Dotted Ribbon Border punch, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, dazzling details glitter, daffodil seam binding, and I almost forgot!!  The coordinating Elegant Butterfly punch!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Want to play along with the sketch?  Check out Mary Jo's Technostamper blog!

Rubbah hugs,

Selene Kempton
Customer Loyalty Rewards Program!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Hey, girly girl, it was great seeing you at convention. I love your profile photo! Very cute!

Love your card too. I really enjoy MJ's Technostamper sketches.

Hugs,

Terry

Beth Robinson said...

Love your card...just became a follower.
Beth Fesperman
www.bethfesperman.blogspot.com

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a funky design! Try watching the Olympics to put yourself to sleep. I find I want desperately to stay up ... But can't keep my eyes open! Hugs xxx

~ Jo ~ said...

This has to be one of the best sketches for a card I have ever seen! I love the versatility to it and you did an awesome job pairing up colors that blend so nicely together. Great card!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

MJ said...

I adore how you have the butterflies staggered! Awesome job! I love the colors in those papers. Thanks so much for playing along--your card made me smile!