Monday, August 6, 2012

8/6 Mojo Funtastic, Stampin' Up! Tricky Treats!

Good Afternoon Friends!

A quick share today!  I saw the mojo monday sketch challenge this morning and knew I wanted to make a card.

I've been taking pictures with my iphone and I have to say, I don't think the picture does this one justice.  It's SO sparkly and rich, but bright and cheery at the same time. :)

I have to run, it's just me and my little one for the next few weeks and as you might guess I'm the sole source of entertainment.  (Poor child).

I inked up the stamp from the Tricky Treats with the Pumpkin Pie Ink Pad, then removed some of the inked up image with a blender pen.  Then, I added black ink with a marker to make the image multicolored.  I punched that focal point out with my large oval punch, then cut it tighter to really fit the image.  I punched a black oval again and mounted it to the stamped vanilla card stock.  I added more glitz.  I used the blossom punch to punch out some of the NEW GORGEOUS, glimmer paper in the Holiday Catalog.  Oh my, this stuff sparkles in person. It seriously makes me SO happy!  :)

Following the sketch, I doubled up on the ribbon.  It's so fun.  The big tulle ribbon is also in the mini and it's the BEST STUFF.  It's like bows for dummies.  You basically tie your shoes and fluff and it looks AWESOME!  :)  Can you tell I'm getting in the groove for Halloween this year?  I usually don't go to crazy with the halloween stuff, but I think I'm officially in a stage.  I'm diggin it! 

Stamps: Tricky Treats
Ink: Pumpkin ink pad and black marker. Blender pen (to remove the pumpkin color)
Paper: Very vanilla, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, Basic Black, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories: 3 1/2" Tulle Ribbon in Crumb Cake,

Such a funtastic card for mojo today!

Have a great day!
Selene Kempton

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a cute Kitty... Awesome card!!! Love the technique you used around the cat with the blender pen... will have to try that! Deb :)

Cathy Parlitsis said...

So beautiful!

Diana Eichfeld said...

I love this card Selene! There are so many different elements and dimensions and keep discovering more as I look at the card. Love it!

Karen said...

I love all the details! Cute Halloween card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I know the feeling, Selene! I have my 15 mth old grand daughter 2 days a week! I get NOTHING DONE! :) I figure it is an investment in the future! Love all the pretty detail! Can't wait to get my hands on that glimmer paper! Hugs xxx