Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8/22 Stampin' Up! Friendship Preserves and Orchard Harvest Core'dinations

Good Morning Friends!

I had a wonderful team meeting last night.  This was my swap card.  For this month's meeting we found a random sketch online and used that for the swap.  The cards are gorgeous.  Maybe I'll get to share them as the week goes on.

I think you know how much I LOVE this new 3 1/2" scalloped tulle ribbon. Seriously, just tie your shoes and fluff and you get a gorgeous bow every single time.  It makes me so happy! :)  I have been using up some of my packets from my stamp club so some of my colors have been repetitive, but I don't want to waste supplies.

So next I took my Core'dinations cardstock and ran it through the big shot.  When I did this in club I noticed that on the "normal" setting of tab 1 it made the paper fragile.  So, I tried running it through on the "no tabs" setting and it was much better! I'll be using no tabs for embossing my Core'dinations from now on.  After it came out of the big shot, I sanded the cardstock with the new Stampin' Sanding Block.  I love that you can buy refills for the block separately and keep the one block the better part is, the refills are just under $2.  woohoo!

The stamp set, friendship preserves is sold by itself, or in a bundle with the framelit dies that match perfectly.  When you get the bundle together, it's priced to save you a little money, and that's something I can celebrate for sure! :)  I inked the thanks with markers, then used the big shot to cut the thanks out with the coordinating framelit.  I sponged the outside of that layer with raspberry ripple ink.    Finally I followed the sketch and added some designer paper.  I really like how this one turned out.

I spent some time over the weekend, canning up some of the extra cucumbers from my garden.  This stamp set really speaks to me.  I believe that making strawberry jam, and jarring my own pickles will be new family tradition.  I did all the cutting, my daughter stuffed the jars, and my hubby made the mix and finished the process.  It was an awesome family activity.

I've started to dress up the jars to give as gifts.  It's fun that we grew the cucumbers and did it all ourselves.  When I have one done, I'll have to show it to you.  The new fall fabric has one pattern in particular that is perfect for decorating my jars of dill pickles.

I digress...
How about a shopping list!
Stamps: Friendship Preserves Wood Mount OR Clear Mount
Framelits:  Preserved Framelit dies
OR you can get the bundle (which includes both stamps and framelits) to save money: Clear Mount, Wood Mount
Paper: Orchard Harvest Designer series paper, Core'dinations cardstock, 3 1/2" scalloped tulle ribbonStampin' Sanding Block.

See you tomorrow for another fun project share!

Selene Kempton
Customer Rewards
Join my team

1 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! So much activity ... You make me tired reading about it! Well done on the card! (a stunner!) and ... Wish I could sample some of those delicious pickled cucumbers! Hugs xxx