Thursday, August 9, 2012

8/9 Stampin' Up! Simply Sent Noel Notes & Snow Much Fun, with crayon resist

Good Morning Friends!

I have a quick share for you today, as I'm off to see my mom and go ikea shopping with her.  :)

Check out these DIE CUT NOTE CARDS!!  They are the new Simply Sent kit from Stampin' Up! called Noel Notes.  Aren't they the coolest?

I suppose they are intended for a picture for your beautiful family, but many of my customers do not "Do" the family picture for the Christmas cards anymore. 

I just LOVE this kit!  I know I've already said that, but you need to see this to believe it!  {happy dance}  Here's what you get:

  • 8 die-cut cards made out of  Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations ColorCore Card Stock, each measure 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" 
  • 8 Very Vanilla die-cut liners
  • 8 Very Vanilla envelopes
  • 8 designer printed envelope liners
  • 8 pieces of Gumball Green 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (ea. 14")
There is SO much potential of the things you can do with this kit!  For the sample I made, I just cut a piece of glossy cardstock, and stamped on it with the Snow Much Fun Stamp Set using Stazon Black Ink and colored it with Stampin' Up! Markers.  

I used crayon resist when coloring the tree.  After stamping my tree, I used a white crayon on the glossy cardstock, then sponged over the crayon with a dauber.  When I got my tree to the right shade of green, I just grabbed a paper towel and rubbed off the excess crayon.  Looks kind of funky, doesn't it?  Then, I stuck it all together.  It couldn't be easier with this kit

This post will actually take me longer than the time it took to put the card together!  I finished it off with some cherry cobbler dazzling details to make the ornaments on the tree really sparkle!  

Okay, that's it for today! Have a wonderful day!  I'll see you tomorrow night for the stamping 411 sketch challenge.  :)

Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton

1 comments:

Leonie Schroder said...

Oh I love it :) can't wait to get some of these =)