Thursday, August 16, 2012

8/16 Stampin' Up! Toxic Treats and Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Champagne Glimmer Paper

Good Morning Friends!

I made this card on Tuesday and mailed it out to my good friend that placed an order with me over the weekend.

I saw the GORGEOUS sketch over on my friend Mary Jo's Technostamper site. I LOVE THIS SKETCH, and I love this card even more!  :)

I stamped the witch using stazon black ink and stippled the ink over her with a paint brush.

So first, why stazon?  Well, when you're stamping something and you want to color on top of it, stazon doesn't move!  :)

Next, I took a flat paint brush, and tap, tap, tapped my ink right on top in both more mustard and tangerine tango. I used a nice flat large brush that had a firm tap to it.  Stipple brushes come round, but for this I like the flat head to make it less spotty.  Just squeeze the ink pad before you open it and you'll have a nice pool of ink to pick up in the cover. 

Once it was colored to my liking, I cut her out with the Labels Collection Framelits.  At this point I decided that I didn't want the colorful border and I wanted the card stock to pop.  So I hand cut her out of that using the black line around the image as a guide, and cut another piece out of black cardstock to mount that piece on.  At this point, I was feeling bummed she wasn't shiny, I dont know why... and I was clear out of window sheets.

Here come's the BEST PART.  So, I took a clear envelope and cut that with my framelit and laid it on top of the image.  I attached it on top with a glue dot, then put a clear rhinestone over the dot so you couldn't see it.  {singing} Happy Dance!! :)  So then, I wanted to add a little contrast and cut a very vanilla piece with the next size up in the Labels Collection Framlits.  I love how you can get multiple sizes of the same shape in one pack!

Next, I cut a 1x5" strip of the Houndsooth & Scaringbone DSP, and used a square punch to put the upside down "V" in my designer paper.  The Glimmer Paper is cut to 3 x 1 1/2" for both pieces.

The black layer below that (i'm not sure if you can see it) but I embossed it with the Houndstooth Embossing folder.  Such a "wicked cool caaahhd" and it went to one of my wicked cool friends!  There's my New England accent for you!  Wicked!! :)

See you tomorrow for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge!  :)

Supply List:
Stamps:  Toxic Treats (page 25 Holiday catalog)  Wood 127898  clear mount 127901
Ink: Stazon black, More Mustard and Tangerine Tango Ink Pads
Paper: Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, very vanilla, basic black
Accessories: (paint brush, flat, non-SU) Glimmer Paper in Champagne color

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Selene Kempton
Click here for my customer rewards program information
Would you like a part time job that's fun?  Join my team and I'll show you how!   

5 comments:

Brtta Ward said...

this is very cute-the background on your witch came out great!

MJ said...

Great idea to use the clear envelope. I love the card ! So many great details. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Shans Design Studio said...

Great idea to use the clear envelopes! Love your card and the background looks fab. :)

tonistamps said...

Awesome card Selene! I love how it turned out - perfect!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Loved reading about this one! I can imagine your satisfaction when it was finished! Hugs xxx