Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge

It's Saturday sketch time with the stamping 411 crew! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have time to play with the operators this week.

I have to admit when I got this stamp set and saw the image that's supposed to be tree leaves, I thought" how in the heck does that make nice leaves. Well, when you stamp it on your cardstock, it transforms right before your eyes and makes beautiful, whimsical leaves. I omitted one butterfly, and stamped just one first, then added the pair that comes with the set for 3. I'm not a big fan of two's in general with design. I like odd numbers when I'm adding things and really need a good reason if i'm using 2, 4 or 6.

I stamped the thanks for all you do and sponged around my punched out large oval. I'm so going to miss this set "you're fabulous" To obtain either of these sets, just contact your stampin up demonstrator.

Layer 1 (base): cut a piece of 8 1/2" x 11 paper in half so that it measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Quick Tip: if you score your card stock first at 4 1/4", then cut it, you will yield two card bases and only need to score your card stock once!
Layer 2(pink): cut a piece of paper at 5 1/4, then at 4" (you should get 4 pieces from one sheet for this layer)

Layer 3 (white): For this layer, many of our operators chose to use designer series paper. Cut a strip of dsp at 4", then cut that 4x12 sheet at 1" intervals. You can get 36" out of one sheet of dsp! How is that for economical??
Layer 4 (green): is similar. First cut your dsp at 3 1/2" then at 1".
Note: if you are only making one card, cut a 1" strip of dsp, then cut that at 4 adding 3 1/2". then you'll still have a piece of 12 x 11 DSP to play with!
For layers 5 & 6. Try measuring the block of wood from the stamp you're using and cut your layer 6 to that size. Layer 5 (which lays below it) would need to be either 1/8" or 1/4" inch larger to frame it (if you wish). I ended up cutting mine down to fit the sketch, but my tree looks a little cramped in there.
Layers 7 and 8: you can make this any shape you want, It doesn't have to be two layers.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you have time to stamp something fun!

7 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, Selene...I've yet to use that set! Great job with the sketch.

Andrea Walford said...

Lovely card! Your image opens up some possibilities with this set. Could see a father's day, sympathy or either gender birthday!

Karen Bernier said...

Another great card! I see what you mean about the leaves but once it is stamped it looks real pretty.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, Selene, so soft and pretty!

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

It is very stunning! I love it! Renee

Brenda said...

Gorgeous, Selene!

Julia Aston said...

Love this on the craft - that tree is super!