Friday, June 26, 2009

Bloggers Challenge ~ Alter It

Today's Blogger's challenge is to alter an item. I got some of my sneak peek paper and I just couldnt resist using it to alter this cute round box.

I had a yard sale about two weeks ago and found all sorts of treasures that I set aside with the intention of altering and I hadn't. So, this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

This is new Designer Series Paper called Tall Tails. When I opened the package, another demonstrator friend was here, and we agreed that cutting the front of this cardstock would be tough to do. The whole scene is already part of the paper. So I added some tombo multipurpose adhesive and stuck the whole thing to the front of my box.

Then I flipped the box over and trimmed it on the circle. Next, I sponged some ink around the sides. Covering the sides of a round box is kind of fun You just measure to the exact measurement of height, then you can just lay it on. This particular container took two strips of DSP that were 12" x 3" and two more that were an inch high for the side of the cover. I needed another small piece for the cover because it was bigger, but the bottom one fit perfectly.

I cut some letters from my sizzix and glued those on and covered my "chick" in the DSP from the opposite side of the paper (the part I cut off the round top of the box, to use up my scraps. This was so fun!

I hope my stampin sistah Janice, enjoy's getting this one in the mail! I mailed it out to her on Wednesday, so she should have it today.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

This is brilliant! I can't look at this and believe that you aren't good at altering things! I LOVE this paper and you did a fabulous job showcasing it!

Unknown said...

It's darling Selene! Doggone you, you are making me want this dsp! So cute, gf - great job!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! This is delightful! Love the DP you have used!!!

Patti Chesky said...

So cute Selene!! I REALLY wasn't going to buy this paper. LOL!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute is that - you sure showcased that new DSP really well!

Barb Hardeman said...

So adorable Selene. Love that new paper and it certainly showcased this little round box. Fantastic!

Rachel Hope said...

So Tweet! ;) Fun project TFS!

Ida said...

Super Cute! I think both you and MJ did a fabulous job with this DP and your altered projects.

Lori said...

This is so cute! Love how you showcased the fun paper here.

Connie Babbert said...

Love it! I always get upset cutting into those LARGE patterns in the DSP, but you showcased it well!

Lisa Martz said...

Great use of the paper with the large design! Super cute!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

This is too cute! I have resisted this paper so far, but thanks for weakening my resolve, lol!

Tami said...

Selene,

I absolutely LOVE this! You did a great job and I think this looks great enough to sit about or to use as a gift box (that I would request be returned to be used agian!. Thanks for sharing!

Kerry D-C said...

Super cool! Love how it nearly looks like an appliqued quilt! very sweet!

Unknown said...

What a super cute project!!! Great job!!

Nicole Tugrul said...

This box is amazing! The DSP is perfect for altering this kind of object.

Anonymous said...

What a cute project--Love that paper!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Lots of fun Selene! I wasn't sure about that Tall Tales paper until I started seeing all the cute and fun things bloggers have been doing with it. I wonder if SU knows how grateful it should be for bloggers like yourself that are such enablers for the rest of us - LoL!

Nice of you to share your goodies with your stampin sisters too!

- Jean