Friday, June 5, 2009

Bloggers Challenge ~ Summer

Oh No!!! Where's my mojo?? Well I did two cards for today's challenge. I didn't care for the first one at all, so i'm going to start with the second one I made. I just couldnt find my mojo. I like this one with the tiki truck, but I think it's still missing something.. Maybe a brayered sky, maybe a texture plate somewhere? I do like this one better than the first.. LOL What can you do, good days and bad ones, right?

The second card in this post is the first card I made. Now, I'll be honest when I tell you I'm not very good with chalk pastels. So I was excited to try a technique I've never heard of and try adding chalk to my die cut shapes. You apply the chalk pastels to your die cut shape and then seal it with krylon acrylic sealer. I added some subtle blue to the background of the life is a breeze.

I hope my mojo comes back soon. :)

12 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Cute, Selene...I think all the first one needs is a fun little punched beach umbrella in the upper right area. LOVE the second one!

Lisa Martz said...

The second card is PERFECT! First one needs an umbrella...just like Connie said. Great cards!

Barb Hardeman said...

The second card is totally cool! Love how you achieved the waves. I agree, the first one needs an umbrella, maybe some tire tracks across the sand, but your dunes looks super.

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic! Love your creativity! {sMILES}

Ida said...

Nothing wrong with your Mojo - These are both really fun cards. For the first card you might add an image of the Sun to match your sentiment. The second card is perfect.

Rachel Hope said...

Love the sand and sea! Great cards

Unknown said...

I actually like the first one you did (second card)!!! I love the look of the wild waves and the boat out at sea!!! Great job! I do like the first one but agree with everyone else about the umbrella.

Lori said...

These are perfect summer cards! Love the sand and the ocean waves you created.

MJ said...

Funny, I too love the fish one. How cute are those waves and the fish flippin in the air. Love it! And yea, that corner does need a little something on the other but it is not a bad card, I like it too.

Basement Stamper said...

I think they are both super cute!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

You still got your mojo! I love the sparkly sand on the first card! The second card is really cool--especially the waves.

Anonymous said...

I like them both--esp. the one with the SUV--looks very realistic.
Love the wave one too---so glad you made 2!