Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blogger's challenge ~ A sketch challenge.

This weeks' challenge was to make a card using this sketch by Lisa Somerville. I had a lot of fun making my card.

I started by cutting my base layer at 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in artichoke, and a craft layer was cut to 4 x 5 1/4". Next, I sponged the craft layer with artichoke ink. I stamped the right hand element with versamark and used my chalk pastels to add some color using the poppin pastels technique. I added tow more layers of paper. These layers happen to match up nicely to continue the lines.. so it looks like I stamped the background when the patterns just sort of fit...

I started making this butterfly a few days ago with my bigshot. I knew i wanted a butterfly on masculine paper, but didnt know what i was going to use it for until I started playing with this sketch.

For the butterfly body, I cut a piece of designer series paper super thin, folded it in half, then fed 8 crystal beads on to make the butterfly body. I painted the paper with crystal effects and the beads themselves to hold them all together. Cool Sketch Lisa!

Check out what the other bloggers challenge ladies are doing this week by clicking here! TGIF!

21 comments:

Julie said...

Really pretty! I love the butterfly.

MJ said...

Great job with the sketch. I love that butterfly and the way you did the body.

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Love the muted colors and thebutterfly is stunning! {SMILES}

Lisa Somerville said...

Great job with the sketch! Love the butterfly and the ones trailing under the larger one!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

So pretty! Love the focal butterfly and the beads! Great idea!

Barb Hardeman said...

Wonderful Selene. Your butterfly is gorgeous and really makes your card...

Anonymous said...

Your wonderful card got me thinking---can we use shrink paper for the big butterfly???!!! It might create a crease but boy that would be nice!
I'm going to run down and try it right now.
Love your card--you did a great job!
Nola

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card Selene!!! I love the butterflies on the masculine paper.

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful, Selene! I love how you stamped the additional stripe element! Beautiful butterfly, too!

Ida said...

Wonderful card. The butterfly is just gorgeous. I also love how you added a trail of butterflies for one of the side elements. Very unique and clever.

Basement Stamper said...

Selene, love that butterfly, this card is awesome and I love how the CE looks on it!!!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! This is Beautiful!!! Love the beads on your butterfly!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love that butterfly!

Unknown said...

Umm, wow gf! This is stunning! Love that butterfly - you did an outstanding job on this challenge!

Lisa Bohler said...

Gorgeous color choices and I LOVE the butterfly!

Patrice Pierce said...

Great card! That butterfly is gorgeous!

Brenda said...

LOVE this butterfly! You have a great eye for detail.

Lori said...

The butterfly is gorgeous, Selene! The Crystal Effects on the paper looks so nice.

Kristie W. said...

What a beautiful butterfly!

Tina said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIIS!!! SO COOL !!

Unknown said...

Your card is just stunning!!! I Love that butterfly!! Great job!!