Monday, June 29, 2009

Mojo Monday ~ Experimenting with Crystal effects


I'm not sure how I feel about this card.. It's such a cute sketch from mojo monday, I may have to go back to the drawing board and try again.

I was experimenting a bit when i saw some of the shapes on the panel.

I started with the only scallop frame I have by sizzix, it's called "jelly". I didn't have a square, so i cut it down and overlaped in the middle to make my square shape. I cut my focal point with the sizzix too and it was missing something. I painted it with crystal effects, dazzling diamonds and rose red reinker (mixed together).

Not sure if i like what i did here, but that's how it goes sometimes... :) Maybe it's missing something?

3 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hi Selene,

The Crystal effects, diamonds and reinker combo seems interesting. Maybe if you put 3 brads in the upper right corner (like in the sketch) and added a second "branch" at a different angle making sort of a jointed branch to fill a bit more of the square space? Or a vertical text like Joy or Hope or somesuch in White craft in on the black? Hmmm...thanks for sharing todays project however you feel about it. I like it when bloggers share their uncertainties as well as their out of the park successes. More honest somehow since we all know that not every design is going to be perfection.

Hugs and blessings from the ether - Jean

Krista said...

Hi Selene,
I do like your card ! I know you're not sure about it...

Anonymous said...

hi Selene love the ribbon idea!!!!