Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DCBD 131 ~ Sketch Challenge ~ Floating Reinker Technique

Well, I had fun with this one! Sometimes if you see a technique too much, you think to yourself that you might want to skip it, because EVERYBODY'S doing it.. Well, now I know why everyone is doing the floating reinker. (Sounds like a dance, doesn't it?)

To start, you need to emboss a line art image on shimmer white card stock. Next you spritz your cardstock with water till you have puddles of water. Next, use a waterbrush and one or more reinkers to drop random ink onto your cardstock and the water will carry it into the crannies of your design. Let the puddles dry naturally, then use this to make your card.

SO stinkin fun! I also wanted to share, that I used my scallop oval punch to make a negative design in the flower panels, to frame my thank you which was done with the same technique. It almost looks like a punched layer, but it's the negative of the white panel below it, isn't that cool? I can see myself playing with this technique in days moving forward. Imagine this with christmas trees??

I'm really happy with this one!

11 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, Selene...this is VERY cool to do the entire background with Floatng Reinker Tech! Great job...

Krista said...

Wow ! Love what you did with the reinker technique ! Great job !!!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is a STUNNING card!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

All I can say is, "Beautiful!" I love the colors! I may have to case this one if you don't mind.

Laura said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the idea of using the technique for a background, and how you overlapped the flower- so pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

Stunning card, absolutely gorgeous!

Chriserendipity said...

Selene, This is STUNNING! I was trying so hard to figure out how you did the gorgeous flowers! I am being obtuse, though, understanding how to do the negative scallop oval??? If you could email me, I'd appreciate that! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Chris in Calgary, AB Canada
chriserendipity@shaw.ca

Karen Bernier said...

Great job Selene!! I love the colors together. That is a pretty cool technique. Will have to get some reinkers and try it myself!!

Karen

Pam said...

I so love your card!!!!!!!!

Vicky said...

Selene, this card is so beautiful!!! I saw you in Stampin' Sucess, good for you! Your blog is great, glad I came across it.
Vicky

Wanda Williams said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try this technique tonight . . . can I go home now and stamp??? :-D