Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last Day of 3 year old preschool

My little Alexis had a rough day yesterday. She realized she wont see her friends every other day during the summer.

I whipped three of these up before school yesterday. They didn't take a minute with the right tools!

I used the heavyweight textured cardstock for my base, and again on the inside to make my giftcard holder sturdy. I like playing with the different sized layers. First a half inch on two sides, (making a quarter inch border), then 1/8" inch on two sides, making a 1 1/6" border. I think multiple sizes of frames adds interest to your card.

Now you may be asking yourself when you look at the second photo, how I made the insde of this card!! Well it's a sneak peek of what will be available in just a week! This is a new stampin up die to go with the big shot, and I know that i'll be using it alot. I buy giftcards so much, because I want to make sure that when I give a gift, it will be used. This is a great way to spruce up a gift and make it look like you took hours on a card that took minutes! I used tombo multipurpose adhesive to stick it all together (stampin up, green tube).

School's out for summer! Now if the rain would only stop! It's been raining here for about 10 days..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute! I know the teachers loved them!
It's so funny that you chose this paper - I've been up to my elbows in it this week too! Great minds ya know!

Karen B. said...

Cute card Selene! Tell Alexis that Drew says "Hi!"

Marti said...

This is darling. I think I might need to buy this die but more than that, I love your design.