Friday, December 4, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge 128

It's been quite a busy week getting ready for Christmas. Shopping, trimming the tree and lots and lots of classes! It's been fun, but I'm looking forward to some rest on Sunday.

I've seen lots of my buddies on line playing with new stamps that everyone will be able to order in January, and I'm wishing I placed my preorder too, but I'm enjoying some sets that I already own.

I did a Christmas card class tonight, and decided I needed to do something that is not Christmas (for sanity reasons). So, I pulled out this valentines set. I'm in love with it. it's the very first set I purchased from the new catalog in July when it came out, and my goal is to make 25 projects with it before valentines. Here's #1!

This sketch is from the stamping 411 blog ~ I hope that you'll come and play along and try this super simple sketch. So ~ how about some measurements

Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half
Layer 2: pretty in pink cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: real red 1 3/4" x 4" (used eyelet border punch for the decorative edge)
Layer 4: polka dot DSP cut 1 x 4"
Layer 5: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Layer 6 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

My bow is some white satin ribbon and it's tied and glued under layers 3 and 4.

I watercolored the image with markers and a waterbrush and added dazzling diamonds with a two way glue pen, and sprayed shimmer paint with alcohol over the entire face of the card.

Wicked fun to make! (can you tell where I'm from?)
Have an awesome weekend ~ I'll be spending time with family. I hope you find time to stamp something fun over the weekend!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

8 comments:

Unknown said...

And it's a wicked cool card too! Love this cute little train with all the pink tones - so great to be seeing some valentines. As much as I love Christmas, I am glad to be seeing something different, kwim?
This is so pretty! Hope your party was a great one!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Too Cute!!! I love the pink and sparkle!!! Can't imagine who you were thinking of when you made this. It's wicked cute!!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Hi Selene! You've made such a cute card!! Verry pretty!!

Patti Chesky said...

Selene, I have to admit that I am a little tired of making Christmas cards too. This is such a fun little card. I love the play on words in this stamp set.

gbarron56 said...

awe, Selene -- this is so cute! I'm not usually one to do a lot of valentine's but this year, for some reason, I find myself wanting to make them. Go figure! Anyway, this is darling. I may need to borrow that stamp set (can you believe there's one I don't have!). Thanks for sharing -- blessings, Gretchen

Connie Babbert said...

Oh this is TOO cute! I'm ready to start stamping some Valentine's Day cards, too...

Cindy Groh said...

What an adorable card. WTG:)

Carole'Anne said...

ouh Selene - now this is super cute!
I just love the pink you used on this adorable card. Such a beautiful card
thank you for sharing