Friday, December 4, 2009

Bloggers challenge ~ Ornaments

TGIF!

It just so happens I started decorating my tree last night. I really love the look of a hand made ornament. one of my favorite things, is the ornaments you can make with the ornament sizzix die.

Every time you swipe through, you cut 4 circles, each have 3 score marks. Glue them back to back for a stunning creation. You can make them any size or shape you like.

Also ~ there's a photo below of an ornament I got from Robin Merriman at one of the stampin up events from days past. She made this with some designer paper, a rubon, some punches and ink. Isn't that spectacular?

And this year I've decided that the star on the top is going to be paper. I think it looks fantastic, although I may add some glitter. Check out and see what my girlfriends are doing for hand made ornaments. They'll be sure to wow you!

12 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

FUN!!!! I love to make paper ornaments...must try that star!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love all of your ideas- very pretty projects- I may cut some paper and have ornaments as a project for the little nieces and nephews at our family Christmas celebration!

Patti Chesky said...

I love handmade ornaments too. In fact, they bring the most smiles when people look at my tree. These are all adorable. I think the star would look magnificent with glitter!!

Unknown said...

I love the paper you used on your ball ornament - I need to get that die someday!
Glad you still like the glass ornament! I think I gave mine away,I couldn't find it last year! LOL!

Nikki Bond said...

So pretty! {SMILES}

Ida said...

Wonderful projects. I love the one with the circles.

Lisa Bohler said...

I love the sampling of ornaments you have! I didn't even think of my ornament die....should've done that one!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great ornaments, Selene!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful, Selene! I've never tried one of those paper ornaments! They look like so much fun!

Tami Black said...

I love these! I look at them and think, "Nope -- couldn't make that work!" Love how they look and the different papers too!

Lori said...

What fun ornaments! Love the festive patterns and colors.

Unknown said...

What awesome fun Christmas Ornaments Selene!! They are all too cute and I love the star at the top of the tree!! Have an awesome holiday!!