Monday, December 21, 2009

Mojo Monday ~ a cool and simple sketch

I was supposed to start a new day job today. Instead, I'm sick at and home. I feel SO yucky! I took a quick peek at the mojo Monday sketch and spent a half hour in the stamp room.

This is a sneak peek of what will be available in January, isn't it pretty?

I used the rock and roll technique to get two colors on my stamp for the main flower. I used markers (kind of sloppily) on the white, to decorate that middle panel.

So my goal is to bundle up on the couch and do nothing today, but I do need to go and get my little one in a few hours. Hopefully I can keep my germs to myself and not get her sick. Geepers!

17 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very,very pretty! Hope you feel better!

Patti Chesky said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, my friend!! Such a beautiful card!!! Get as much rest as you can.

Cindy Haffner said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

RuthieB said...

Selene!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!! This card is soooo beautiful!! I just love it!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card! Love the new set.

Heidi Lopez said...

This is a gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Selene!!!! Sorry to hear you are sick!! It sucks when we don't feel good!! I hope you have a blessed and merry christmas my friend!!

Debbie Henderson said...

I'm so jealous. You have your new goodies and I've been waiting 11 days for mine! I'm suppposed to get a delivery today but here it is after 2:00 p.m....still nothing!! Your card is beautiful. I wanted to use my new stuff for mine also but it'll have to wait until next week!! Hope you feel better soon!

Stamps,Paper,Glitter said...

oh Selene this os gorgeous!Have a happy Christmas, Jana

Dori Shelton said...

This is quite lovely! I really like the colors and the flower.

The Crafty Lady said...

Selene, this is very pretty. I love the colors you used!

Anonymous said...

Wholy crap Selene! This is amazing, you really made this sketch come alive! Great job!

Pirre said...

Really pretty card!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Love this card!!!! The colours, stamp set, dsp all gorgeous. You have done a great job with the layout. Nice use of a sick day!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a pretty, vintage look.

Mary Davidson said...

It's gorgeous, Selene...so soft and pretty! Feel better soon!
Mary

Deb said...

Your card is beautiful!

I'm sending well-wishes your way! I'm sick too...it sure stinks to be sick at Christmas! I'm hoping that by the time the big day gets here we'll both feel better!