Wednesday, December 23, 2009

12 Days of Christmas ~ Day 11

Still not ready to go back to my stampin room, but I think the antibiotics are starting to work.

However, I do have a really cool project to share today.

Here's a quick treat bag I did during a big shot class here at my home. You can make two bags from one piece of 12 x 12 designer paper "bride". First, I cut two half inch strips (for the belly bands), then I took the 11 inch piece of paper and cut that in half at 5 1/2". Run it through the big shot with the fancy favor die, and you have a quick and simple box.

For the belly band, I used night of navy ink, and colored the bride paper using a sponge dauber. The shiny part of the paper resists the ink.

Also ~ if you notice, I lined up the design on the belly band, with the design underneath. To run the elastic cord, I took some dimensionals and used that to adhere my stretchy cord on the box. Otherwise the ornament would be suspended there (not hanging from anything). Isnt the night of navy beautiful? These were my wedding colors. :)

Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas eve?

1 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

Selene....love the box....you made the belly band look like part of the box....great job! TFS