Thursday, December 24, 2009

12 days of Christmas ~ Day 12 Christmas Eve

Here's a card I made for my hubby. With the stress of the season, I wasn't feeling overly creative. I don't typically do well ~creatively speaking ~ under the gun.. Not to mention I'm still nursing a cold. So I did TWO challenges! I really love challenges.

First Technostamper sketch challenge, and cards and things color challenge!

I used soft suede and a waterbrush to color the tree, then added the bright pink and blue for the ornaments. Then, I used crystal effects on the ornaments for the tree.

This baby is already wrapped inside a package, that is NOT under the tree. We've been running very lean this year, and there's not much under the tree for mom and dad.

However, I have a real Christmas surprise for my hubby. Since he doesn't read my blog unless I facebook it, I can tell you a little something. :)

Just in case, I'm not posting what it is, but I will say it's something he really wants and he's only expecting socks! We bought socks for each other this year, and it's a good thing.. Mine all have holes! :) Mom also got a die cut alphabet I've been wanting (that went on sale). My daughter has been saying all week that maybe santa would bring me the die cuts I want.. She's so into it this year, it's really special.

I may actually get a couple of posts out over the weekend. Bloggers challenge falls on Christmas morning, and the Stamping 411 sketch is Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll get out into the stamp room for an hour today. If not, everything can wait. After all it's Christmas! I'm shooting to participate in all my regular things, but first things first! (Family that is).

I'm really looking forward to mass this afternoon at 4 then to my family's house.

No matter what holiday you celebrate. May you all have a blessed holiday. Merry Christmas.
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hi Selene, gorgeous card ! Thanks for playing along, hope to see you next time ! Happy Holidays !

MJ said...

Love it. I know what you are saying, the last few days always seem like the worst for me. Guess it is because I put it off, lol. Thanks for playing along. And FYI, I did not get your prize in the mail yet from last weeks sketch, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Hi Selene,

I love the way you layer your cards, etc. Not too much, not to little, just right (3 bears, right?) And the DSP Bride box was gorgeous - thanks for sharing how you did it....The Bride DSP is sooo pretty. Mary L at mklecuyer@hotmail.com