Monday, December 28, 2009

Mojo Monday ~ Playing with my new goodies.

It was so fun to go out to the studio and play today. I chose to do the sketch challenge from the mojo monday website.

I got some new goodies from SU.. In the catalog it doesn't list blush blossom, in the new valentines day paper, but it's in there! The new flowers from the designer paper, features flowers that are made from 4 hearts.. so pretty. I cut the designer paper and just layered it.

Also take a look at that cool scallop punch. Honestly, I was ready to return mine. I played with it for hours, then realized, I needed to flip my paper over after doing the corners, to line things up.

I found an AMAZING tutorial on my friend Gretchen Barron's blog on how to get the punches to line up. I looked at the post, then didn't actually READ it. Much to my happiness, when I sat down a read what she wrote, I was easily able to use the new punches.

I'm still not convinced that I love the design, but being able to do it certainly helps. :) You can check out Gretchen's post here. Guess I need some patience?

Well, I had some shimmer paint still in the spray bottle from Christmas and decided that I was going to make the entire face of my card shimmery. I just love the effect (you can see better in the photo below).
It's snowing here. I wanted to take my little one out during school vacation, but the weather outside is just frightful. Guess I will have some time to stamp today! :)

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

14 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so pretty! Love the new paper and punch! I can't wait for mine to get here! LOL!

Heidi Lopez said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

hi Selene this is awesome, I love the paper! A very fresh change from all the Christmas cards! LOL

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin good, Love your take on the sketch.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card, and I totally need that punch now!

Billie A said...

Great card like the idea of the hearts making the flower. I also like the hint on the border punch I plan to order that when the mini catalog comes out, I heard there was one on it so thinking must be that one. I like it.

Anjou Krelovich said...

So pretty! I LOVE those colors! Wow, great creation!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great card! Good job on the punch. Have you figured out the other punch yet, I don't get that one at all?

Flowers said...

I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this card with flowers.

Krista said...

Hi friend ! You did a great job with the challenge !! I looooooove it !

bristowmom said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for admitting that the punch has a learning curve!

Unknown said...

oh wow!! this is awesome!!! i love it!

*Check out this week's Color Dare Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I love the new paper too. Your card is fabulous!!!!!!

Denise Clark said...

Love the new punch! Gorgeous! Mine has been ordered! Love your card! The paper is terrific!