Friday, December 18, 2009

12 Days of Holiday Projects ~ Day 6 ~ Bloggers Challenge

Good Morning Everyone!

Today's Blogger's challenge is a Sketch challenge! I (((heart)))) sketches, and was very excited to make this card. The list mom Lisa Somerville designed this sketch and she did a wonderful job!

I'm not sure if you can see it by the photo on my blog, but there is actually a large white space around the outside of the blue, so I used that as my card base layer.

I haven't used this stamp set in such a long time, and I really love this penguin dude all macked out in his tux that I thought based on the sketch, I'd just use him. The paper is ((of course)) the specialty Designer Series paper from the mini catalog, Christmas Cocoa. It's so very rich and I was worried about adding so many layers of it, but I think this card is adorable.

I stamped some snowflakes using champagne shimmer paint and a sponge dauber, but you can't see it in the first photo well, so I took another from a different angle.

The paper banner was "edged" with a real red marker to give it a little border so it didn't look so plain. I used tombo multipurpose adhesive on the "valley's" of my banner and just let it dry. I have changed over to the tombo multipurpose adhesive for all my projects. I still use snail to attach ribbon, but I like having a minute to position my goodies, then once it's down, it doesn't move. Love that!!

I hope you have time to check and see what the other ladies from the bloggers challenge group are up to. You'll be glad you did, they are so talented. I'm going to post day 7 a little early for the stampin 411 sketch challenge this week. See you tonight!

18 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

So cute! Great job!

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute, love the bit of shimmer! Great choice of DSP!

Lisa Bohler said...

I love that paper with the satin bow...gorgeous! Your penguin is so cute!

Patti Chesky said...

Mr. Penguin Dude looks especially dapper today. This card is beautiful. I love the mix of textures and shimmer. So pretty!!

Risa said...

This is my new favorite!

Tami Black said...

I loved this paper and you are have some fabulous cards with it! This is gorgeous and I love how you were able to shoot the picture from a different angle to show the shimmer -- Classy, elegant and Beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

Oh My! This is absolutely ADORABLE! Love the shimmer!

Ida said...

Gosh this is so doggone adorable! Love how you did your sentiment.

Rachel Hope said...

Cute Cute Cute! Great colors!

Unknown said...

Beautiful girlfriend! Love the shimmery snowflakes behind the oh, so dapper Mr. Penguin.
Great card, just super!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

This is adorable! Love the penguin and the sparkles!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW...this is stunning! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

OOO, love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such an adorable card! I love the colors you used- the cute stamp and I really love the shimmer!

Lori said...

So cute! Love that little penguin!

Connie Babbert said...

This is so cute, Selene...great card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

He's such a happy fellow! Great card. Love all that SU! stuff.

Unknown said...

This is too skinkin' cute!!! I love that little guy and how you turned the sketch!! Another fab job by a fab person!!!