Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Community

When I decided to purchase the demonstrator starter kit (to get some great products at a discount), I never would have imagined the friendships that were to come of it.

Before Thanksgiving, I did a card drive for the troops. I collected and made about 200 cards total to go to the troops overseas. 60-70 of them came from Regina M. (an awesomely talented stamper on my team). I thought I was done! Last week, I also received two packages from fellow demonstrators Robin and Jaydee.

Looking what I have here from these two ladies... it's probably more than what I sent in on the first batch and I really wanted to share.

First ~ Robin. One of my bestest buds and part of the Stamping 411 Operators group...
Robin seems to juggle more in one day than I ever could. She is currently a full time demonstrator; serving on the advisory board for stampin up; raising a beautiful daughter Emma and balancing everything perfectly with some help from her great hubby Mark. With all that, she still had time to send me an anniversary card on my wedding anniversary and a BAZILLION cards for the troops. Above is a the card she sent and photos of her very generous donation. So generous!

Jaydee is another girlfriend from online. We are just getting to know one another, but when she saw that I was collecting cards for the troops, without missing a beat, she sent me a huge package of cards (with envelopes)!Here's another look, this is what I collected this week. So far in the last 3 weeks, I've been able to donate over 500 cards and envelopes with help from my stamping friends and know that these are going right to dangerous areas where access to gorgeous creations like these just wouldn't happen.

Last Tuesday, Helping Our Troops sent over 600 packages went out to our troops overseas and these cards will be going into shipments before Christmas. You can visit this website for more information on where the donations are going: http://helpingourtroopsma.org

Helping Our Troops (H.O.T.) is a program designed to support our American Hero's from Eastern Massachusetts serving overseas. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit 501(c)(3) public charity based out of Stoneham, Massachusetts, U.S.A.


It's so beautiful to see community, across the country in a day and age when many don't know their neighbors. Thanks ladies for your generosity. Lisa, from the donation center came by and I figured this second batch to be over 300 cards! They were stunning cards too! Lots of embellishments, gorgeous watercoloring! I had to take pictures of some before i let them go.

I'm so excited to be of assistance to others and feel blessed to have such wonderful friends who do the same. Thanks to all.

Rubbah hugs,
Selene

0 comments: