Monday, October 1, 2012

10/1 Snowflake Soiree meets Serene Silhouetts and Floral District DSP

Good Afternoon Friends,

I have a special share with you today.  It's been a REALLY long time since I have participated in the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  I've been pulled in so many different directions and today I spent some time in the studio making favors for my nephew's class.  It really gave me some time to think about today's challenges.

I was over on Split Coast Stampers and there is a whole thread about "who you are" in relationship to Breast Cancer Awareness month.  The challenge today was to make a card that's "you".

Where I sit today ~ I believe in people.  I believe that people can stand together and make a difference in the lives of each other and the lives of our children.  I know so many people who's lives have been touched by cancer.  I personally lost my dad to lung cancer when he was 57 years old.  If there was no cancer, he might still be here to meet his granddaughter and son in law.

So ~ this card is my expression of all of that. I did go way outside what I usually do, using stamps that aren't all in one set.  I had fun making this and that's where I'm leaving this one. 

Here is a shopping list.

Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, Serene Silhouetts
Ink: Rose Red Marker
Paper: Shimmer White, Rose Red Card Stock, Rich Razzleberry, and Floral District DSP
Ribbon: 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon
Framelits: Floral Frames Framilit used on the background)
Punches: Fancy Flower x2 (used for the scallops behind the punched circle), 1 3/4" circle punch
Embossing Folder:  Vintage Wallpaper

Please have a great week!

Selene Kempton

2 comments:

Cathy Parlitsis said...

So pretty!

Julie Habben said...

This is beautiful, Selene!