Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10/30 Stampin' Up! Ornament Keepsakes, Greetings of the Season and Candlight Christmas Specialty Paper ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 7

Greetings Friends!

Today I'm sharing day 7 of Christmas inspired projects.

When I first purchased the Christmas specialty paper from Stampin' Up!, I was really stumped on how to use the flocked window sheets.  They are GORGEOUS in real life and just have the red flocked design on the clear sheet.  This card is so pretty in person.  Once again the picture doesn't do it justice.

So, for this card I took a sizzix adhesive sheet and stuck the whole window sheet to it.  I cut the sheet on my stampin up tabletop paper cutter, then peeled the backing.  It does take a little bit of elbow grease to get the backing off, but it's so worth it!  I will also say, that I was using it how it ISNT intended, so I had to "goo gone" my paper cutter when I was done.  However, I LOVE this card!  The adhesive sticks to the glimmer paper, no problem, and there are no adhesive marks!

Similar to yesterday's card, I used a silver marker to draw a line to hang my ornament.  Oh, and for the stamp clubbers that have to wait an extra week for club due to Sandy, this is one of the club projects this month!

Here are the measurements for this project:
Base: Real Red card stock, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: and Inside: 5 1/4" x 4" whisper white.
Layer 3: Silver Glimmer Paper 4 x 1 1/4" then, punched with the scalloped border trim punch
Layer 4: Flocked window sheet 4 x 1", with the sizzix adhesive on the back.
Layer 5: Ornament Keepsakes stamped and cut ornament, using the Holiday Ornaments framelit die.
Layer 6: Pre tied bow made from 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon Real red 126875

1. Using Real Red Pad, stamp the Greetings of the Season stamp on the bottom left hand side of layer two.  Then emboss this layer with the Lacy Brocade Embossing folder.

2. Take the silver glimmer paper (which is already cut to 4 x 1 1/4" and use the scalloped border trim punch to create the decorative edge.

3. Remove the backing from the flocked paper.  This piece is the sizzix adhesive backing which I prepped when I cut the packet.

4. Stamp an ornament on scrap paper, and cut it with the big shot using the coordinating framelit.  Add dimensionals to the back of this piece.

5. Use the silver marker to draw a line down the white cardstock. **HINT** Line up your cut ornament so you know where you want it and it doesn't go over the edge of your card. At the same time, you can add some accents to the top of the ornament with the silver marker.

6. Use the tombo multipurpose adhesive to adhere the glimmer paper to the top of the card, then attach the ornament with dimensionals. 

7. To add the pre tied bow, use 3 glue dots in the back of the bow.

8. Add a medium self adhesive rhinestone. 

Shopping List:
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes Wood 128048 / Clear 128051
Ink: Real Red Ink Pad
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, 124005 Silver Glimmer Paper, Candlelight Christmas Specialty Paper,
Accessories: Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets
Adhesives: Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive104430 Dimensionals, 103683 Mini Glue Dots

Save Even More With Bundles!

Today and tomorrow Only.   Click here to check out the 4 bundle options in my online store. 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / Tutorials and Planners for Demos
Money Raised for Breast Cancer this month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: