Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22 Perfectly Preserved, Orchard Harvest MDS Hybrid Scrapbooking Class Pages Share



PICKLES!!  That's what my nephew's say when they smile instead of "Cheese" and it's so adorable!  We did this fun set of pages (below) at the monthly scrapbooking night!

We make 4 pages (2, two page spreads) for $20.  Class participants can take $10 off their page fee with a purchase (min $25).

The next two dates are Friday November 9th at 9 am or 6:30 PM (which is flexible).  I am available any time after 5PM to start the class and the same bat time on December 14th. 

Here's one of the page sets that the class members made.  This one was a bit more simple (technique wise) than the other pages, but they are GORGEOUS in person!
 I'll start by talking about the MDS hybrid piece.  This is actually a "tag template"

I love the new SUPPLY list feature in MDS!  Makes me so happy!!
Here is the Supply List from My digital studio for this tag:


Background
     Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\Orchard Harvest - designer series paper\Orchard Harvest - 11

Stamps
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - jar 2, Color = 255,250,226
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - corn, Color = DAFFODIL DELIGHT 255,211,92
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - corn husk, Color = LUCKY LIMEADE 170,172,62
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - corn, Color = DAFFODIL DELIGHT 255,211,92
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - corn husk, Color = LUCKY LIMEADE 170,172,62
    _Designer Kits\Perfectly Preserved\Perfectly Preserved - jar, Color = SOFT SUEDE 124,103,74

Punches
    1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = 255,250,226


 Now that you've seen the pages we made, I thought you might have some fun seeing how I used them with my own photos.  This year my husband, daughter and I canned our own pickles.  We had ONE cucumber plant that gave us so many cucumbers we were afraid they were going to go bad.

We had already tried making strawberry jam this year (which is FABULOUS, by the way) and thought it would be fun to make some homemade pickles!  Here's the full set of pages, with one of the jars of pickles that we made.


Banners are HOT this year, and I just love them.  We used the Orchard Harvest DSP (3 different patterns) to make this cute banner on the upper left side of the page.   I'm in LOVE with the in color dahlia's and actually saw some at Claire's on a pair of earrings.  I'm thinking I NEED to make my own! 

This part of the page makes me smile.  I used the Stampin' Up! Typeset Alphabet Bigz die to make the word PICKLES!!!  and it always makes me smile because of my nephews James & John.   I couldn't resist adding another Dahlia to the I in pickles.  Doesn't the DSP look like a pickle?  
 Nor could I resist adding another linen thread bow to the "L".  Sometimes, it's the little things that make me happy!
 Finally, I added some banners to my largest photograph.  I want whoever looks at my book to focus on the person, and the big white space in my photo was distracting.  I made it pretty with my banner, the 1 1/4" scalloped circle punch, and a more mustard button.  I used a little more linen thread to thread the button.
That's it for this past Friday's scrapbook Class, Preserving Memories.  Can't believe it's already Monday!  Have a GREAT week!

Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / Tutorials and Planners for Demos
Money Raised for Breast Cancer this month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides
 

0 comments: