Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/25 Stampin' Up! Beautiful Season ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 2

Good Morning Friends!

Day 2 of the 25 day's of Christmas!  How Fun!

Thanks so much for those of you who reached out to me yesterday!  I'm excited that you're excited!  Your feedback really keeps me going and energizes me to keep posting projects.  Let me also say, I LOVE when you case me (I had a few people ask).  I consider it the highest form of flattery.  Thanks so much for subscribing and/or just visiting.  I appreciate every single one of you SO much!

Okay, so enough of mushy Selene. (I can't help that.)

I have to say that I don't usually "do" birdie cards, but this bird is so sweet.  I see a baby cardinal, but my stamper buds have corrected me to say that it's a chickadee.  This gorgeous card goes together in a few minutes.  Moreover, it uses my FAVORITE green, artichoke.  So, first, we embossed the second layer (artichoke) with the 120175 Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Then, I had the class members crumple up this layer in a ball, distress the edges with paper snips, yes, even rip the edges a little.  Next, we sponged the edges with artichoke ink. 

Once that paper was all happy, we stamped the "bird" towards the top of the very vanilla panel 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" with stazon black ink.  We colored the plant and the bird with always artichoke and riding hood red markers, and blended them with blender pens.  Then, we added the "thick" side of the marker to the holly berries.  I set this aside for a moment and took the 4 x 1" riding hood red strip and sponged that with artichoke ink.  I added a 5" strip of 118481 Crochet Trim, then tied a piece of 104199 Linen Thread around the card and tied a bow.  Next, I took a leftover 1/2" strip of very vanilla cardstock and stamped it with the merry Christmas stamp from Petite Pairs 122495 W 122497 C. Then, I sponged that small layer after making my little banner.

Finally, I attached all the pieces to the base, then added some dazzling details (clear).  I'm not sure if you can see the sparkle in the photo.  All my customers said that the card is a LOT more beautiful in real life and you can't see all the glorious details in the photo.  Aren't they cool to me?  

So, if you missed yesterday, I'm offering a precut kit for the Christmas tree cards in Qty's of 18.  Click here for more info on that.

Thanks for stopping by today, here is a shopping list and quick links for ordering of what I used.  

Shopping List:
Stamps: Petite Pairs 122495 W 122497 C, Beautiful Season 122680 W 122682 C
Ink: 101406 Stazon Black, Rich Regals Stampin Write Markers 119701 (artichoke and riding hood red)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / Tutorials and Planners for Demos
Money Raised for Breast Cancer this month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: