Monday, October 13, 2008

Funky Slider

I had a wonderful weekend away camping and my Internet connection was lacking, so I'm posting what I had planned to post Saturday today.

I'm sure there's a name for this technique, but I don't know what it is. I did not find directions anywhere, but I had one of those ah ha moments and got a picture in my head.

My friend Alicia was here Friday morning borrowing my big shot to cut out the cute Sizzix envelopes and she mentioned getting an order from a friend that included a double slider card. I asked her what that is.. I'd never heard of it. She told me that it's a card that when you pull on one side, another piece moves with it in the same direction. Being the dorky crafter that I am, I said "Well, that seems kind of silly, wouldn't you want something to pop out the other side?

Thus, an idea was born... In the 45 minutes we had left, we made a card that when you pull one side (the side with the grey ribbon) that something pops out the other side. This was the first one I've tried, so I didn't have anything on the card for a decoration.

thank you Sizzix, i added a snowflake and it looks like that's what was meant to be! Totally fun, totally random.. I've also been thinking that many people like to include photos as part of their Christmas card, so I snuck a photo in of my daughter on the other side.


I will SO be playing with these some more, and if you REALLY like the concept, we will be doing two of these babies at my Christmas card wow class on the 30th of October.

0 comments: