Monday, July 2, 2012

Stampin' Up! Life Shared ~ Yes! I made it! and some amazing pictures

Good Afternoon Friends!



I'm writing today from vacation up in the white mountains of New Hampshire.  I've done quite a bit of stamping before this week, and didn't bring any stamping with me on a much needed vacation. 

It's a little chilly for these bones to be swimming in the pool today.  It's only 73 degrees outside.  My hubby took my daughter over to the pool.  I've been wanting to share something so very special with all of you and I've been caught up in taking a little time off.  I wasn't feeling very good at the end of last week and wanted to take a little time out to take care of myself. 


Before my hubby woke this morning, I grabbed my little one and walked the campground.  It's good, and I need to get back to taking walks in the morning. 

Yesterday we did a little shopping to support the economy up in North Conway.  We did our part.  ;-)  So, the big question has been if I earned the trip to Fiji with Stampin' Up! 

The short answer is yes!  I earned the trip thanks to LOTS of orders and wonderful friends who support me while I stay at home and am there for my daughter.  Every single order of glue dots and stamp sets make a huge difference to me!  So, yes I earned it, thanks to so many of you!! :)  I'm sure it will be a trip of a lifetime and I'm ever so thankful to my team and friends.  It's hard to call your "friends" by the title of customer. 

This year has been quite a journey, and I'm thankful to so many people.  I'm also thankful to God who continues to bless my life by bringing so many wonderful crafters into my life.  
So the card above is from the stamp set Life shared 126820. This is a single stamp in stampin up's catalog on page 60.  When I assembled this wood mounted stamp set, I cut the words apart from the image and attached it to the side of my block, so if I want just the words, I have that, and if I just want the kids in the wagon, I have that too!  :) 
Using black stazon ink, I stamped the focal point on watercolor paper, and colored it with markers and an aqua painter.  I started by drawing "L's" on different parts that I wanted to color and just moved the color over, making sure to leave some parts uncolored.  The best water colorists, in my opinion, know what NOT to color.  To check out a step by step marker water coloring tutorial, check out this post. I often get the question of "why do you use stazon ink so much", well, stazon doesn't move when you want to watercolor on top of it. 

I found the cute riding hood red taffeta ribbon on the clearance rack and just made a faux bow with the vintage brad.  I used the framed tulips embossing folder, and sponged the outside with riding hood red classic ink.  

Ink: Rich Regals Markers, Aqua Painters, stazon ink black (to stamp on the watercolor paper)

So ~ after doing some shopping yesterday in New Hampshire, we took a ride up "The Kanc".  That's the Kancamangus highway that cuts up and over a mountain.  There are lots of scenic areas along the way and of course we stopped.  If you are not friends with me on Facebook, make sure you "friend" me, so you can see the rest of the photos we got.  it was a glorious day up on the mountain.  :)  God showed us so many of his paintings including this tree at the Hancock Trailhead off the Kanc.  I had so much fun just taking some pictures and spending time with Brian and Alexis. 

We also saw a fabulous rainbow or two.  We were told that there was a double at one point, but we didn't see that one.   Here's one that I saw and got a quick photo of. 
And finally, here's a photo of my two best buds.  This is my hubby Brian and daughter Alexis at one of the outlook points.  My favorite photo of the day for sure.  :)

So, there is one more thing!  (Speaking of reason's to smile). 

If you decide to place an order with me this month, stampin up is running a sale on the Reason to smile stamp set.  Place a $50 order through my website (or your demonstrator if you have one), before tax and shipping and get the reason to smile stamp set in clear or wood for only $5! 



This GORGEOUS set will only be around for the month of July, so don't miss out on getting yours! 

Here are the links for the
Wood mount stamp set 131274
or the Clear mount stamp set 131275

Note the links or item numbers will only work after selecting $50 in merchandise in my online store first. :)

So ~ just another reason I LOVE Stampin' Up!  They created samples for us to look at!  Check out these cute items made with the reason to smile stamp set!  Just print this fun sheet if you have the stamp set and you'll be able to come back to it over and over again. 

Well that's all for today.. I *might* have more to share this week, but honestly I'm going to go spend some time with the family and try and relax a little!  :)  I actually left my stamping stuff at home!  :)

Rubbah hugs!
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Karren said...

Congratulations on earning Fiji! I can only imagine the amount of effort involved. Your card is gorgeous - I love that big bow effect. I really hope that stamp makes it into our next NZ catty.

Shans Design Studio said...

Woo-Hoo! Congrats on earning Fiji!!!! How fabulous for you and your husband. I've been rooting for you to get it.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. The heart shaped tree and rainbow are simply fabulous.
Hope you have a safe and fun holiday.

irishgalkelly said...

This is a late congrats for you Selene! I'm so happy to hear that you and your husband get to have a beautiful get-away. I hope you will share a picture or two here on your blog. Speaking of pictures, I love the heart shaped tree, the rainbow, and sweet family picture. Thanks for sharing.