Saturday, July 28, 2012

7/28 Stampin' Up! Frosty Friends Sneak Peek

Good Morning Friends!

How about a little watercoloring with snowman friends?

The holiday mini catalog is coming Wednesday.  If you don't have your copy yet, pop me an email so I can put one in the mail to you! 

This is card number two from the stamp class the other night.  We stamped with stazon on the whisper white panel.  Then, we used a blender pen with the baja blue ink pad to GENTLY watercolor the line under the snowmen and behind them a little.  So delicate!  Then we added the colors, light to dark.  First, my little pink bunny on the far right hand side of the card.  :) then we added real red, gumball green, and razzlebery to color the rest of the elements (full strength) with markers.  Clean and simple! Love that!

The new lacy brocade embossing folder is so pretty, and it's so very me.  I love all things lace.  reminds me of my mom.  This card is soft and pretty, like a "just after the snow" cool blue and white.  I love the soft colors.

So how about measurements:
Base Layer is 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2 is whisper white 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3 is Snow festival DSP 5 1/4" x 1"
**Note.  I stuck layer 3 to layer 2, then ran it through and embossed it.  After that, I sanded the designer paper with the new AMAZING sanding block, can you see the pattern from the embossing on the designer paper?  That's from the sanding.  The new sanding block features removable sand paper, so you'll only ever need one block and you can replace the inexpensive paper as needed!  Love that!!!

Layer 4: two pieces of seam binding 6" and 10" (adhere the 6" piece to the back of layer 2) then tie the 10" piece on in a bow).  I love how the seam binding makes such a pretty bow.  One does need to work at it and play for a few minutes, but it makes a gorgeous dimensional, shimmery bow.
Layer 5: is a whisper white piece cut with the apothicary accents framilit die.  I precut this piece for the class members to make the class go a little quicker. :)


To finish the card off, we sponged some baja ink all the way around the framelit to add some depth.  so pretty!!

Stamps: A la carte stamp Frosty Friends 128117
Ink: Stazon black, baja breeze ink pad (with a blender pen)
Paper: Whisper white cardstock, baja breeze cardstock, Snow festival Designer Paper 126908
Accessories: 127819 Lacy Brocade embossing folder, baja breeze seam binding

Do you need everything to make this card?  I do offer a loyalty rewards program.  If you are making purchases through my online store, you should check it out!  :)  What's better than FREE STAMPS?

Happy Saturday and rubbah hugs,

Selene~

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I do hope with fingers & toes crossed that we get all the new goodies that you have! Love this fun card! Hugs xxx

~ Jo ~ said...

This card is so fun and I love the colors! So wintery!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Kitty A. said...

Cute Christmas card. Love what you did with the DP and embossing folder and sanding. Thanks for the details and the inspiration!