Friday, March 19, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 143

Hello Friends!
I scheduled my post for tonight because I am doing a workshop for my girlfriend Diane.

It's Friday night, and you know what that means! It's another sketch challenge from the operators at the Stamping 411 blog!

My stampers and I did this at last weeks embossing techniques class. I had my card done over a week early! Love that!!

Tonight's sketch seems very simple. Heck! Simple is good! I've been covering all kinds of embossing techniques, and this one is emboss resist.

Plainly put, I embossed my image from the embrace life stamp set, then used a brayer to put some bordering blue ink across the whole thing. I added some razzleberry with a blender pen, then drew a line for a more dramatic look on the coloring of the flowers. What do you think? I love this color combination... It's my new BFF, I think.

The polkadots are an embossing folder in the SU Spring mini catalog.. Everyone wants that folder it seems! I can't blame them.. I ordered 3 of them.. The first one, I cut into strips so I could emboss rows of 4,6, or 8 polkadots.. Fun!!! The second I cut an oval out of with my craft knife so I can have embossed polka dots all around an oval frame in my card stock. And one plain one, that I seem to use over and over again. Why wouldn't I.. it's gorgeous!!!

So, here is what I used to make this card and the measurements are in purple.

Stamp Sets: Embrace Life

Ink: Versamark, Bordering Blue Ink pad, Rich Razzleberry Marker and ink pad


Cardstock and Measurements:

Base Layer: Whisper white, 11 x 4 ¼” scored and folded in half at 5 ½”

Layer 2: Rich Razzleberry 7/8” x 5 1/8”

Layer 3: Whisper white 3 ¾” x 5”

Layer 4: Bordering blue 1 x 5”

Layer 5: Rich Razzleberry 2 1/8” x 2 3/8”

Layer 6: Whisper white 2 x 2 ¼”


Extras: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (12”), Dimensionals, Polka Dot Embossing folder, heat gun, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pal tray, Tombo multipurpose adhesive, snail adhesive (for the ribbon), Clear Rhinestone brad (1), corner Rounder, brayer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

8 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

Selene, this is awesome!! I see you are very fond of those rounded corners from a previous sketch. I love them too!!! They make such a dramatic impact on a card.

Lynn said...

Great card...I love the rounded corners too...beautiful card!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

The corners, the colors and the layout are fabulous! I am so loving what you are doing with these colors....it's the bomb!!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Love this...so striking. I agree...the rounded corners make it so much FUN!

Anonymous said...

Selene I could just eat your card up! I love everything about it from color to texture to layout! Yummy

Barbara said...

How lovely! This is a set that has sat on my shelf for a long, long time, and finally pulled it out for some thank yous. AND now you've created another spectacular idea to use with my "new favorite old" set! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Talk about drop dead gorgeous cards!!! This is da bomb!!! I love everything about it!!

Unknown said...

stunning card,Selene!