Friday, March 12, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 142

Use your scraps... That's the theme of this week's stamping 411 challenge in my mind.. After creating a bunch of cards for my embossing class that was held tonight, I took one of my leftover packets and had some fun with this one..

So, it's a little bright, and I did do quite a bit to it, but I just used my scraps, embossed all my layers, I used watercolor crayons and blender pens to color it all in, and assembled it based on the sketch... Nothing fancy, just a lot of fun.

If you have a few extra minutes and would like to play along, you can check it out here along with my girlfriends who made their own fantastic cards, and a scrapbook page using this sketch! So fun!

12 comments:

lindiloo said...

very nice! I love your floating reinker techniue. I tried a few samples yesterday; however I don't think that mine turned out a beautiful as yours. Maybe I am trying too hard; or maybe I'm using too much ink or too much water / not enough water. Sure wish I lived close enough to take a class. Thank you for sharing your techniques.
You mentioned in an earlier posting that you taught a technique class. Would an online tech class work?? If so would you ever consider it??

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, Selene...love the blues with that stamp set!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card - it's so fresh looking! Love the purple! You are gonna need a new corner rounder soon! haha

Anonymous said...

Zowie--this is one of your BEST cards!!!

Unknown said...

Love it!! Love the colors and your coloring!! Always great when you can sit down and just use scraps!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great card Selene! (as usual!)

Linda Callahan said...

A very different sketch - love it and love how your card came together..........hmm I wonder how mine will come together.....not as nicely as this one I am sure!

Patti Chesky said...

I really love this card!!! I like the colors, the collage effect....it's just so different!!!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

The hues of purple combined with the white are awesome. It's very striking. I love it!!

Robin said...

Selene - please come and get your Beautiful Blogger Award from my post: http://stitchingwitch.blogspot.com/

Happy Stitching! Robin

Erna Logtenberg said...

Very Beautiful card Selene!!
Love the colors!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty,totally eye catching!!