Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spritzed Watercolor

I was buzzing around on line and visited Andrea Waliford's blog. I saw a tutorial on watercolored images using markers and a water bottle. Then ~ we went camping. I saw these flowers EVERYWHERE on my way home. I thought it would be kind of cool to take a photograph and try and get the colors on a card using the technique I saw on Andrea's blog.

Now ~ I am not typically an earth elements girl, but I pulled out my "garden green" and "more mustard", this became the base of my card. I used Chocolate chip and summer sun for the base of my flower using markers, and spritzed it with water like shown in her tutorial. Then I added some pumpkin pie and more mustard to my stamp case and picked it up with a water brush. I added streaks of color, like made on the flowers on the side of the highway by nature.

I'm pretty happy with my card. Although I could have stopped there. The flowers looked so pretty, i added a strip of ribbon. I'll be using this for one of the projects for the marker club tonight. Maybe I should have used going grey as the base to get the highway feel? LOL I'm happy with this one.

I can say, I almost NEVER use these colors! I like the softness that the spritz of water adds to using markers directly on the stamp.

Have you conditioned your stamps today? Take a peek at Brian's card from the open house below to hear about something new I've discovered about new stamps! I conditioned these too, to get a nice even tone when I stamp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

carolm said...

i love this set and your card is gorgeous.

carol.