Monday, August 18, 2008

Featured Artist ~ Carol Hughes ~ Sock Monkey Card

Carol is a bright spot on our team. She is ALWAYS smiling and ALWAYS has a 100 ways to tell you how to use a product!

I would be telling tall tails if I told you that I loved the sock monkey set before. I just wasn't sure about him! After seeing Carol's card, I'm quickly changing my mind. This card uses the "paper piecing" technique. She stamped the sock monkey twice and had us all cut out the monkey's face and the tips of his hands on white cardstock. Then we stamped him again on craft. We used a red marker to color his butt and mouth. we also used dimensionals to pop up the little heart he's holding. We used a paper piercing tool to pierce the scallop edge on the right, made with the NEW scallop edge punch!
Totally AWESOME card Carol!

1 comments:

carolm said...

woo hoo carol. too cute! i love his little bow tie!

keep up the great work.

cheers ~ carol.