Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday

Hello Everyone!

Well, it's not Sunday anymore, but it's about 12:30AM on Monday morning and I'm wide awake. I know I'm going to pay for being awake now, my daughter will be in to see me very early! :)

Anyway, I thought I'd get a jump on making this card for my hubby's uncle. His 40th wedding anniversary is coming up and he asked me to make a special card.

I may try again, because the cherry cobbler color on this got a little out of control. I did have plenty of fun however, using this simple, but beautifully inviting sketch from sweet sunday. Let me know what you think... 40 years of marriage... he said he wanted a big 40 on the front of the card.. I just don't know about that.. Being the "ruby" anniversary, I decided to play with cherry cobbler, a new color coming out on July 1st. I think I'll make a few cards, and let him pick. :)

Something Old: Well I used the most beautiful 111490 Bloomin Beautiful Stamp set, which will be retiring in less than 10 days. I also used some returning colors, pink pirouette, and wild wasabi.

Something New: I used lots of new colors including cherry cobbler, a brand new embossing folder... and my fancy shmancy new bow maker

Something Borrowed: I "borrowed" the sketch, right? :)

And something blue.. I used a very small amount of marina mist to make the soft colored background on the focal point.

I'm so going to miss this stamp set. I think the only one I will miss more is embrace life. (another classic). Anyway, I digress....

I colored the image with markers and an aqua painter. Super simple, very quick and beautiful! Thanks to Karen for the inspiration and a wonderful sketch!

Rubbah hugs and happy Monday!
Selene Kempton

1 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

WOW OH WOW!! How completely and wonderfully thoughtful with this AMAZING card!! LOVE IT!! Love all the wedding things you've done along with each element, LOVE the flowers and the little tag, oh mate this is super special indeed!!!
SMiles Sharnee :)