Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I think his tractor is sexy. :)

I can't look at tractor punch art without thinking of that Kenny Chesney song. :) My friend Jenn wants to do tractor birthday invites for her son's 1st birthday party and I made this as a sample so she could see the potential.

This card will end up going to my father in law for fathers day.. He's in charge of mowing the lawn and it would be a cute card for him from my daughter.

I started my tractor with a blog post by Jackie Topa, shown here.

I'm going to take these directions one step at a time. The supply list is at the bottom

I started with the large scallop circle punch, and some black 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I punched out the scallop circle, then attached it with snail adhesive to some copy paper. Then, I punched it out again to make the extra spokes in the large wheel.

The second layer of the large wheel is the 1 1/4" circle punched out of More Mustard card stock

Next I used the Boho Blossoms punch (110711) to punch the inside layer for the large wheel.

The small wheel also uses the 1 1/4" circle punch and boho punches. For the inside of the small wheel, I used the same technique as on the scallop circle punch (by sticking it to copy paper and punching again.

Next I cut one of the stampin sponges up into 8 pieces and took one piece and sponged all the mustard layers with more mustard ink, and stuck them together with the tombo adhesive. I punched a hole through the layers and added my silver brads.

I punched the body of the tractor from a tag punch, and cut the racing stripe by hand. The smoke stack is a word window punch, cut from silver cardstock and sponged with basic grey ink.
The seat is from the trio heart punch, and I punched another heart in black, cut it in half then cut my steering wheel from that by hand. I used the word window punch cut in half for the steering column.

Wow ~ that seems like a lot when it's written out, but it goes really fast.

I sponged some velum with grey ink, and then punched out the smoke

Measurements:
Base: More mustard cut 11 x 4 1/4" and scored in half at 5 1/2" (note, if you do your scoring first, then cut in half after, you will yield two card bases from one sheet of cardstock. This cuts down on the amount of scoring you'll need to do if you're making a bunch.
Layer 2: Garden Green 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Bashful Blue 5 x 3 3/4"

The ribbon is fun, you can cut it like you're cutting your lawn. Then, pull the "guts" up out of the ribbon and discard. you only need 5" of ribbon for this project, so your roll of 15 yards will be plenty for lots of projects!

Below is the supply list, if you need any of these items you can click here then click "shop now" to place an order anytime. the item numbers below will help you with your ordering process.

Supplies:

Stamps: 120066 "Happy Fathers Day!" from the king of the grill stamp set in the mini catalog, clear mounted to a block "c"

Ink:
102272 Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad
103162 More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad
109120 Basic Grey Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper:
100946 More mustard Cardstock
102584 Garden green Cardstock
105209 Bashful Blue Cardstock
102851 Basic Black Cardstock
100712 Brushed Silver Card stock for the smoke stack
101839 Vellum Paper
Ribbon:
109050 Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Brads:
104336 Silver brads
Adhesives:
110755 Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive
104332 Snail adhesive (refills are 104331)

Punches:
110711 Boho Blossoms punch
113694 Heart to Heart punch
105934 Tag Punch
105090 Word Window Punch
104403 1 1/4" Circle Punch
109043 Scallop Circle Punch
109183 Trio Flower Punch

101610 Stampin sponges

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so,so cute!

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks Selene... You are to funny... You made my invite!!! Now I just need to make them!!!

Anonymous said...

I came up as anonymous it's ne jenn

Anonymous said...

Love that you could make this tractor from punches. Great job.

Ms said...

absolutely darling... and thank you so much for the recipe!!!

Jeannie said...

What a great idea to use this for Father's Day! My dad-in-law is a devoted John Deere man -- I'm going to case this for his card! TFS!