Monday, June 21, 2010

Give me back my mojo... :)

All I can think of is that silly commercial... Give me back my filet o fish.. give me that fish...

I did the focal point for this card, about 6 times. I finally got it just right, then sprayed my smoosh on, and the sentiment smudged.. Sometimes, it's important to just walk away, which I am doing now. :)

I love the layout, I may try this one again later in the week, but not today.. :)

Here's a close up of my messy smoosh spray.

Update *** Because I was asked.... Smootch Spritz is a new product being offered in the stampin up summer mini catalog. There are 4 colors, log cabin (brown), vanilla shimmer(used here) Silver foil (dark silver) and gold glow. They are a peralized accent spray to add a splash of color to your projects. Just be careful when using them on watercolor paper... my ink ran pretty quickly (as it is intended to). I use them in conjunction with the color catcher (to save my work area) and I find that the sprays are dry in about 30 seconds. They are awesome to add a bit of pizazz to your creations! I hope that helps!

Stick a fork in me, i'm done! :P
Is it Monday already?

10 comments:

Tiya-B said...

beautiful card the ribbon the background paper its all wonderful.(wish i knew what smoosh was)

Terri said...

Beautiful card! So glad to know I am not the only one that makes mistakes and it sometimes takes FOREVER to make one card. You make me feel so not alone! Thank you! And to know that your creations are awesome!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your so funny! This is gorgeous! My mojo is all wet.... it won't quit raining!

DeeDee Catron said...

Turned out beautiful! smudges make it handmade, remember! ♥

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!!!! I love it!

Mary Brown said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Leigh said...

I like this Selene. The colours are striking.

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

As usual Selene, it beautiful, I would love to case this one, just about getting back my mojo as I have been so ill! Bye for now, Hugs always! G

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

The smooch spray is sensational ... hope we get it in our next IB&C here in Aus??? Don't stress about the little 'run'. It adds a little "naivity" to your card! I don't think your mojo has gone anywhere ... but it sounds like you were a little frustrated with this card! The end result was sooooo worth the effort, though! Hugs xxAndreaxx

Julie Marshall said...

Sooo pretty! Love how you stamped over the embossed image. Will have to give this a try. TFS!