Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3/5 New Color Challenge! Sahara, Suede, Primrose Love & Sympathy Clean and Simple Card

Good Morning Friends!

Today's card is VERY clean and simple.  I made it for a stamp a stack that is being held here in the studio this week.  I love this color combination so much I'm going to do another color challenge!  If you'd like to play along, just make a card and link it below! 

The colors are not perfect in the photo here.  This color combination is STUNNING in real life.  I mean, you SERIOUSLY need to try this one on for size!

The colors are Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Primrose Petals (with a side of vanilla).  It's yummy scrumptious, I promise!

The base layer is 4 1/4" x 11", sahara sand and it is scored at 5 1/2" and embossed with the  Lacy Brocade embossing folder  This color combination is simply AMAZING in real life.  It's most certainly my favorite card in the set (although I really do like them all).  

The primrose layer measures 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the vanilla top piece is 3 3/8" x 2 3/8" (or 1/8 inch smaller on both sides).  

I had every intention of using lovely as a tree, and when I started playing, this color combination just came to me.  I think this stamp set Love and Sympathy is not only stunning, it's inexpensive too at $11.95 for clear mount.
So, for the stamping, it was so EASY!  I inked the main flower image up with Sahara Sand and Primrose Petals markers, then added the sentiment on top with Soft Suede and Primrose markers.  I also stamped the sentiment inside to finish off the card, and used the leftover ink to add a "stamped off" floral image to the inside as well. 

I know I say this a lot, but layering your ink can be just as dramatic as adding a layer of paper, when it's done in the right place.  Swoon!  


It might be difficult to see, but I added some dazzling diamonds glitter on top of the flower using a 2-way glue pen.  The finishing touch is a scrap piece of the Primrose Petals 3/8" stitched satin ribbon.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today and letting me share my artwork with you!  Now it's your turn.  I'd love for you to play along and share your artwork here!   Just link up in the next week or so
Love,

Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

4 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Lovely card and I love the color combo, too. TFS :-) Heidi

MaryR said...

beautiful card - loved the color combo!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Lovely simple card.. may have to play along.. I too love those colors!! Say hi to Caroline for me!!

sparkling stamper said...

beautiful sympathy card