Monday, February 7, 2011

To My Stud Muffin

I was shopping over the weekend with the hubby, and called him Stud Muffin (just being my silly self). Of course an idea popped in my head to use totally tess with the new cupcake set from the mini to create a card for my STUD MUFFIN for Valentines day..

When I saw the mojo sketch this morning, I knew that I could use the sketch to make the card that I had in mind, but I'd have to flip the sketch to get Tess in the right place. :D So at the top here is Julee's sketch, but it's flipped to fit what was in my head.. :D

This also fit's the challenge for the paper players this week, to make a love card.

I usually volunteer at the school on Mondays ~ but I got a pass today from another mom that wanted a turn, so I had a little extra time this morning. :D

I started by stamping Tess on whisper white, and cutting her out. Then I water colored her using stampin up markers and an aqua painter. I set her aside and started cutting some of the elements. I took a piece of valentine DSP, and cut it to 2 3/4" then sliced that in half from corner to corner. I matted it using the same method with a piece of blushing bride 2 7/8" cardstock.


I've always said that Tess is who I want to be when I'm done doing Weight Watchers. So I sort of colored her like she was a self portrait... See my highlights? :D I made a little scene for tess to stand on, but when I was done, felt my upper left hand corner needed something, so I added a few studs.. :D

I added the sentiment from the computer, I just printed it out and cut it off some whisper white paper. My stitching could use a little work.. Perhaps next time I'll use the paper piercing tool to make a pattern. I was so excited to make the card, I just did my faux stitching free hand with a marker.

I embossed the red layer (layer 2) to give it some pop. I want to do some sort of last minute valentine's class along this idea this week. I really had fun with this sketch. Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great week!

Selene Kempton

19 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Ha, you made me chuckle on this one. Stud Muffin is my nickname for my husband! Such a cute idea! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with all that snow!

Tiya-B said...

what a yummy card a muffin for a muffin, love the idea and love the card.

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

That is adorable!!! It made me giggle and I just love it!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what a fun card! Love that little muffin! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

shari said...

love it. That is one set thst is on my wish list. Thanks for sharing.

Sara said...

Looove the sentiment! Very cute!

Rose said...

Your card is adorable, very cute muffin and great cutting.

JustMeinIN said...

That's so much fun. I love it!

loz said...

This is super ASDORABLE Selene..Loz

Anonymous said...

Selene I love this!!! I have this set and I have never used it..Maybe I should get it out and ink her up! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, hubby's gonna love this one! So cute! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Your card is funny and sweet and I'm sure your husband will display it in a place of honour. Oh my, you're giving me ideas.

Have a good week.

~ Barb

Denise Willerton said...

so adorable ~ TFS this wonderful card for you DH ~ have a wonderful day Selene!

Kerin said...

Selene, Tess rocks with that giant cupcake!! I want to be like Tess when I'm done with WW too...actually I want a cupcake like that when I'm done with WW ;)

Sharyn said...

Yep - gotta love our stud muffins..lol. Your card is adorable and I like the way the stitching at the end of the sentiment looks like kisses. That cupcake is awesome.

Nine said...

Love your card !

jaydee said...

Selene, this is perfect. My husband is also affectionately known as the stud muffin... this card is perfect! what a wonderful way to incorporate the sketch by using the muffin. FABULOUS! Thanks so much for bringing a smile to my face, and for joining the Paper Payers this week!
hugs
jaydee

Debbie Carriere said...

How fun is this! I love it. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday :)

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! This is so creative! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!