Friday, July 2, 2010

Saturday Sketch challenge 158

Hey Everybody!

Time for another fantastic Saturday Sketch Challenge! I'm sorry that I've been a bit of a bad blogger this week. It's summer vacation and my little one has been needing some of mommy's attention after a crazy June! I'll be back on track after the holiday. I'm off to the mountains for camping this weekend and am so excited for a little R&R with the family!

I made this gorgeous card over two weeks ago.

How about some measurements
Base: Whisper white, 11 x 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Bashful Blue 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: Night of Navy 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Layer 4: Whisper white 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"
Layer 5:Night of navy 2 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Layer 6: Bashful Blue 2x3"

I embossed the main "friends" image with white embossing powder on bashful blue cardstock then cut it tight to the image. I used an aqua painter to add some night of navy ink to the inside of the flower, and the words to make them pop a bit. the bashful blue was a little light against the white.

I dry embossed layer 3 with the big shot using a new embossing folder and added some taffeta ribbon... I love how the taffeta makes pain free bows. :) When the card was all put together, I spritzed the entire front with the vanilla shimmer spray, which (yeaaaa) made the new catalog. :D

Well ~ we are headed out the door for a fun weekend in the great outdoors... Happy 4th of july, and happy birthday to my friends Patti and Regina!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Ms said...

this is beautiful... love the simplicity and the multiple layers... thank you for sharing your creativity

Basslady said...

a very noble card! love the texture!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Connie Babbert said...

I like how you added touches of color to the inside flower! Great idea!