Monday, July 5, 2010

Mojo Monday Journey

Hello Friends!

I'm just home from my weekend 4th of July camping trip. It was a great weekend but I'm happy to be home. I was able to sneak away tonight for a few moments to try out this week's mojo monday sketch challenge.

I really love playing along with sketch challenges. My friend Karen was here last week, and she was making a STRIKING card for a swap. The colors were marina mist and white.

So for the creation tonight, I used shimmer white and marina mist and had a blast making this card. For the center panel I cut three ovals using the big shot.

I used three 1/2" pieces of cut marina mist paper, and just cut a V with my paper snips to make the look like ribbon panels to follow the sketch.

Next, I embossed polka dots (5 rows) using an embossing folder that I cut with my paper cutter. I cut one of my polka dot embossing folders apart, so I can make some parts embossed and others not embossed whenever I want! :) Love that!

I stamped my main image from the new hostess level 2 set from Stampin Up, and stamped the word Journey from another stamp I found hanging around. I used an aqua painter to move the color around a bit, then added a big layer of crystal effects, mixed with dazzling diamonds glitter, I painted that just everywhere I felt! Isn't that yummy?

In real life this is super shimmery. All white layers are made from shimmer white and it's so sparkly in real life. I took this close up to try and get a better feel. I sponged the journey and flower layers.

I finished it off with a cute little taffeta bow. I tried other larger bows and they seemed to overtake the image a little bit.

At the end of the journey, it's always good to come home.

I hope you have time to stamp4fun today!

(((rubbah hugs)))
Selene Kemptong

5 comments:

dstandard said...

Gorgeous card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Awesome card Selene and congrats on earning your trip!

Robin said...

Got me new catty and love it! I spent an hour justin flipping pages and plan to start all over tonight! Thanks for you help last week with my order.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So glad you had a great weekend! It was awesome here in Idaho too! Love your card...so pretty!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that monochromatic look and those beautiful pearlized flowers. Just gorgeous!