Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tropical Scrapbooking Workshop

Hey Everybody!

Just a quick update to all that have been asking. :) I put up an Alaska tracker on my blog, so the closer I get, you'll know about it! Right now I still need $2350 in sales... I'm still chugging along! I can't believe I am this close! Thanks to all who are helping by placing and collecting orders, and to those just cheering me on! (((hugs)))

My good friend Kim is having a workshop for me tomorrow night. She told me a little bit about who was coming and I decided to change up from my normal scrapbook workshop format. Three people from the same family will be attending, so I decided rather than them leave with three of the same exact project, that we would make mini books.

I spent the day yesterday with some of my BSF's (best stamping friends ~ aren't we all bsf's?) Barbara and Priscilla. They are in my "adopted" downline, but they really don't feel like it. I feel like they are truly part of my team. They contribute so much to the group. Anyway, they had the most wonderful stamping event yesterday.

I was in desperate need of a break, so I went and spent a few hours at their wonderful event. Before I left, Barbara handed me a project to help with inspiration for my scrap booking workshop. The girls made this at an event for stampin up demonstrators quite some distance from where we live. If this is your original design, please let me know, and I will give you proper credit here. :) I thought the idea was wonderful!

I of course made some changes to the book, it was originally in so saffron, and I substituted for items that I already had on hand. Contrary to popular belief (among my closest stampin friends) I do not own everything in the book as much as I would like to! ;)

Anyway, i think this really fits the bill for tomorrow night and I'm so looking forward to this! Do you live local and would like to join us? Well, it's at my place and my hostess Kimmy loves party crashers. Come by and take this as a class for only $10, and if you make a $35 purchase (to go towards Kimmy's benefits, you'll make this project for free!) Too much fun!

Here is a photo of the inside of the book fully opened up.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you have time to stamp4fun today!

Selene Kempton

1 comments:

Stamping in Bedford said...

It came out great. I love your interpretation. I should actually make one to use. It was fabulous having you here in Bedford yesterday. Thanks again. Barbara