Monday, June 7, 2010

Stampin' after midnight with the technostamper sketch

Well, I'm back to full time mommy duty with my daughter being out of school for the summer and it seems like I'm returning to an old habit of stamping after midnight. I'm in the most wonderful new swap and I only need to make 7 cards, but I can never seem to decide on what I'd like.

The other ladies in this swap group are so talented, I'm feeling pressure to get something stunning done, and although I think this card is very pretty... I may try a few more designs before deciding what to make. I'm thinking the carriage should be pink? something is off... These swaps were supposed to be in the mail yesterday!

So ~ I got an email from my girlfriend Mary Jo and tonight, she posted her sketch challenge, so I tried playing.. I should be in bed. :) Oh well.. I'm stampin' after midnight. :)

This card uses so saffron, pink pirouette and early espresso colors. It's so fun to play with some of the new colors!

I used a brand new sneak peek from the catalog that's coming out in July (which demonstrators can pre-order now). So exciting! I couldn't wait to get my stamp set mounted and ready to go! So fun!

I used the new 2 3/4" scallop circle punch to make the scallops around the oval. I just cut a few scallops off of the two punches I used, and worked it out in the back. Way cool! The oval comes from one of the sizzix oval dies.... and how about that espresso ribbon?

Let me know what you think I can do to this... it needs bling or something! :) Be honest, do you have suggestions of what I can add or change?

I did move my main element over a bit, because the sentiment needed to be under the carriage, because of the way the stamp really has an empty spot right there.. Awesome sketch to play with!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Love it as is. Not sure what you can change. After looking and trying to come up with an idea it may be the pink you don't like??? It is just too soft for the saffron and espresso? That is all I can come up with. I love the way you did the sentiment and that ribbon is yummy! Didn't order any of the new ribbons yet since I don't want any more hostess sets from this catalog. Thanks so much for playing along--even if it is after midnight!

Memories by Brenda said...

great card Selene!! I can't wait to get that set and the ribbon.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awwwww so sweet!