Friday, September 22, 2017

Sudden Response Turns 9! Stampin Up Demonstrator Disaster Emergency Network

Who would have thought that sending one little box, could have started a chain reaction of goodness?
Nine years ago today, I cofounded a group called SUDDEN Response to help demonstrators get their businesses back on track after a disaster.
It started with a box that I mailed to someone I barely knew. I heard about a fellow crafters flood and the loss she took to her business. All her business supplies, catalogs, all her samples, cardstock and more. I walked out into my studio and imagined my craft room under water and my heart broke!
I stuffed a flat rate box to capacity of things I thought she would need to get back on her feet. I took my baby girl Alexis by the hand (who was 3 at the time), and showed her what we do when someone needs us.
A few days later I got a phone call. It was my new friend! She was crying, and then so was I. I was teaching a class and painting with crystal effects... She said she wanted to pay it forward. So, within a few days, SUDDEN Response was born.
SUDDEN is an acronym for Stampin Up Demonstrator Disaster Emergency Network.
Just this week we have sent boxes of love to three different people who experienced catastrophic flooding after the recent hurricanes and we stand ready and united to help each other after the storms.
SUDDEN Response is celebrating 9 years today! I asked my friend Sharon Armstrong to share her story. She did a video for the group and I wanted to share it with you!
If you are on Facebook and a current demonstrator residing in the US, and you would like to help, just click here to join us! If you are a Stampin' Up! customer, ask your demonstrator how you can help and go in on a gift. We do have a current open need for help to rebuild a business.
Just when you think the world has gone crazy, look around!  
There is goodness everywhere! Thank you for letting me share Sharon's story with you (and mine).
Here's a link to Sharon's video.


Love, Selene

2 comments:

Rachel Tessman said...

You are a gem! Thanks for helping to get this group off the ground and for keeping it going. Love you Selene!!

Selene Kempton said...

Thank you so much Rachel! You have a great big heart too! Thanks for your help with our group!