Monday, February 4, 2013

2/4 Stampin' Up! Bloomin' Marvelous, more Chalkboarding!

Good Morning Friends!

What's the coolest way you can think to use one of the new Doily's? I decided to make a very similar card to the one I did yesterday (addicted much?)  and use the doily in a more "on purpose" way!   What do you think? 

I went over the step by steps on these techniques on yesterday's post but I'll do the quick version here:

  1. Emboss the flowers in white randomly down the left hand side of the card.
  2. Emboss more flowers in pool party right on top!
  3. Draw the cute sketchy lines with the white watercolor pencil (the one we never use)
  4. Sponge craft ink on top to get the chalk board look!  
  5. Edge the sentiment with a 2 way glue pen and add dazzling details glitter. 
 This card takes a little time to make but the effect is so stunning wouldn't you say?  I love the doily banner underneath my sentiment.  All I did was cut a strip of doily out of the center. Folded it "crooked-like" down the center  and cut "V" into the bottom to make the faux banner.

The butterflies were embossed on a scrap paper and punched out  with the new bitty butterfly punch and I added some random bling!  to the front!  This card is also for my design team work over on split coast stampers.  :) 

Here is a copy of the original challenge:
CCREW0213CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- Catalog focus: I had a hard time picking one this month, but in the end went with doilies. Whether you use a real doily, stamp a doily, stamp on a doily, make something with a doily, die cut a doily, or whatever else you can think of to do with a doily the catalog is full of them!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Love,

Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Selene! The bling is the perfect touch!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What an amazingly beautiful card! Love the technique! I am so putting my order in ASAP ... I want some of those freebies!!!