Saturday, February 2, 2013

2/2 Stampin' Up! Vintage Verses and Artisan Embellishments kit Traced Embossing Color Combo Creative Crew CCREW0213DF

Good Morning Friends!  

Wouldn't this make an awesome wedding card?  



This morning I'm sharing with you a card I made for a color challenge on the split coast stamper creative crew challenges for the month of February!  I have to be honest!  I was nervous about his color set, but now that it's done, I LOVE the way it came out!  I'm really psyched about these projects I have to share!

Here's the original challenge:
CCREW0213DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- DSP/Color Focus: I'm not focusing on DSP this month, instead we're going with a good old fashioned color combo, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, & Sahara Sand! (Bet that threw you off, you were probably expecting a brown weren't you?)came out!! 

I started with some vanilla embossing powder and heat embossed the image from Vintage Verses on a Primrose Petals card stock, that I cut with the top note die and my big shot. :)

I took a raspberry ripple marker and with the "pen" side I traced around my embossed image to add a drop shadow with the raspberry color.  I am so happy with the effect and I'm going to throw it out here as traced embossing.  I cant be the first person to try this!?! can I? I get excited when I feel like I came up with something all on my own.  I guess we all do!  :)


Next I added some sponging (with the raspberry ripple color) onto my primrose and pretty in pink cardstock.  I cut the top note die on the primrose layer so you could see my pretty in pink border on the layer below.  :)

 Needless to say, I'll have to hand deliver this card, because this gorgeous embellishment makes my card about 3/4" of an inch tall if it's laying on the table!  I used two elements from the Artisan Embellishments Kit and added a raspberry ripple dahlia.  I added dazzling diamonds glitter with a two way glue pen.  I ended up having to stick the vanilla flower with liquid glue due to how heavy the whole thing is when I embellished it. teehee.  I love this ribbon that comes in the kit.  I imagine that I'll be making myself a ribbon bracelet from the piece left over.  I'm going to have to hit a big box store and find a clasp, i'm on a mission!  :)
Here's another close up of my pretty card!  To see what the rest of the design team is up to and to preview my other projects (which I'll talk about here later this week).  Click here

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Love,

Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

3 comments:

Claire V said...

Loved the traced embossing - I noticed it right away and can't wait to try it:)

Lisa Fuller said...

Love it! Cannot wait to try that technique. Thank you for sharing

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

For some reason this makes me think of Jane Austen! Very Victorian! Gorgeous! Hugs xxx