Saturday, January 5, 2013

1/5 Stampin' Up!, Henry Says take a SIP, Valentine, Split Coast Creative Crew

Good Morning Friends!  

Here is another challenge card that I made for Split Coast Stamper's Creative Crew Challenges.  This was the most difficult for me of the 4 challenges.  Here's the way it the challenge was written. 

CCREW0113CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- Creative Focus: Do you remember what it's like to be a beginning stamper and wondering how in the world to create a card with just the basics? Create a card using just stamps, inks and paper that will win over the beginner and advanced stampers alike!

WHAT?? No Ribbon?  No brads?  No embellishments?  What's a girl to do? 

I know it's probably no big secret, to those of you who know me well, but many times I use the colors that are in my Designer paper.  So, in this gorgeous new DSP (Designer Series Paper), More Amore, they selected the colors for me.  Basic Black, Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Real red and Very Vanilla!  I do that when I am buying products for myself as well.  One couldn't possible own every single color of every product that we sell.  (At least I understand that not everyone does, wink).  So, what to do when your considering what to buy so everything matches? 

Start with your designer paper, then purchase a few colors of ink and paper to match.  So SIP = Stamps, Ink, and Paper. 

I most certainly start with the stamps, and marry that up to designer paper that suits the set, then finding paper and ink is easy peasy, and I don't need to purchase every color in the catalog.  (although I think I may have most ~ don't tell my hubby).

So, more about the card.  How about some measurements?

Base layer: Very Vanilla 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: More Amore Specialty Designer series paper 5 1/2" x 1"
Layer 3: Basic Grey 4 x 3
Layer 4: Very Vanilla 3 7/8" x 2 7/8"
Layer 5: scrap of very vanilla

Basic Directions:

1.  Using a primrose petals inkpad, stamp the hearts over and over on the base layer so that it covers the top 2/3rds of the card.

2.  Attach the 1" strip of Designer paper using snail adhesive.

3. Stamp "Henrietta" using a black stazon inkpad.

4.  Using a basic grey marker, add some color to the elephant.

5.  Ink up the chickadees in pool party ink, and the hooray sign with a black marker and stamp them so they are walking on the trunk of the elephant. so cute!  Stamp a second flag on scrap paper and cut it out with snips, then set it aside.

6.  Using the primrose petals ink pad, stamp it's your birthday sentiment. 

7.  Use a primrose petals marker to color her fingernails. 

8.  Attach all the rest of the layers to the front of the card.  Use dimensionals to pop up the "hooray" banner. 

So wicked cute!!

Here are the item numbers for Henry Says if you need them! 
Wood Mount, Item 128090, $29.95
Clear Mount, Item 128093, $21.95 





Happy Saturday! 

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton
My Stampin' Up! Store

0 comments: